Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mark c

Default Emailing programs...

OK this is a spin off from the post about AVG registration but why not just email a working copy to the receiving computer, and then install it from there, I would go via the desktop.
    I wonder if the registration issue would still occur?

Spacemannz

Default Re: Emailing programs...

Even tho AVG is free, it detects viruses and worms whatever. BUT it cant remove them?? From what I've read elsewhere on PressF1. Isnt that the point of registration?? for AVG?? So, it can ACTUALLY remove nasties, it picks up??

mark c

Hmmm, yeah sure, not sure.... what?........I"ll try something else but thanks for your attention.

Spacemannz

lol, well by the way other people have posted previous posts about AVG and it not being able to remove nasties (I would say coz of the registration).

It only detects nasties, if there's something on your system.

Are grisoft meant to email registration / serial numbers to you? If you ask nicely?? I wouldn't now, as I dont use AVG myself.

If it keeps on asking you for a serial #, its pretty damn hopeless. And obviously it isnt TOTALLY free. Coz most free programs either come with ads or spyware. Or FREE. No ads, no spyware, no registration, no nothing. That means TOTALLY free.

Using AVG, (without a registration), I spose, would be like trying to drive a car with no engine or wheels lol . Pretty damn pointless without the wheels, or an engine isnt it.

whiskeytangofoxtrot

AVG removes stuff just fine.

Fire-and-Ice

> lol, well by the way other people have posted
    > previous posts about AVG and it not being able to
    > remove nasties (I would say coz of the
    > registration).

I would suggest that if don't know what you are talking about then you either research until you do or stay quiet. ;-)

YOu need to register AVG whether receiving the free or professional version. I have no idea why they require registration for the free version but there is nothing preventing you entering false details except for the email address as they need somewhere to send your registration code to. ;-)

AVG free can remove nasties but not to the extent that the profressional version can. The free version is limited but can heal files infected by some of the less complicated viruses. Registering (which means paying for the program) for the professional version gets you "Advanced options for handling infected files - healing infected files, deleting them or moving them to the Virus".

>
    > It only detects nasties, if there's something on your system.

Not true, it removes them to the vault if it cant heal the files.

>
    > Are grisoft meant to email registration / serial
    > numbers to you? If you ask nicely?? I wouldn't now,
    > as I dont use AVG myself.

Correct. Grisoft email the registration code to you which needs to be entered before the program will install.

>
    > If it keeps on asking you for a serial #, its pretty
    > damn hopeless. And obviously it isnt TOTALLY free.
    > Coz most free programs either come with ads or
    > spyware. Or FREE. No ads, no spyware, no
    > registration, no nothing. That means TOTALLY free.

The free version is totally free. And you cant install it without a registration number.
    >
    > Using AVG, (without a registration), I spose, would
    > be like trying to drive a car with no engine or
    > wheels lol . Pretty damn pointless without the
    > wheels, or an engine isnt it.
    >

You really should do some research before spouting off about things you have no idea about. ;-)

mark c

Well thanks for all that and Spacemanz the registration seems seems to be about getting te program installed. NO number no registration no install no work at all.

Not far off beginning to pull hair out as have been waiting 15 mins now for No. from AVG and nothing. And no, don't think it's much point asking nicely because there's no-one there. (well not without emailing and waiting, been through the FAQs already)

What about emailing a 6 something Meg program to another computer and installing like that. Crazy? Too big? Huh?

45South

>AVG removes stuff just fine.

It sure does.
    You can also use the same rego number for as many installations on as many machines as you like with the free version, thery will still work just fine.
    You are supposed to download a fresh copy for each machine & apply for a new rego, then a link is emailed to you for the program download & rego number

mark c

Oh and thanks Fire-and-Ice, got in there while I was tappity-tap.

Go easy on the guy, I'm very often an ignoramus too. as long as people acknowledge it eh?

Like AFAIK. IMHO, dunno but. My2cW etc

45South

>Not far off beginning to pull hair out as have been waiting 15 mins now for No. from AVG

You are 100% sure you entred the correct email details?
    Dumb question I know but hey, it happens
    I've always received the serial within minutes
    Maybe the servers are down or overloaded