drb1

Default Data cap consumption. Firefox v IE.

This has been running around in my head for some time, please excuse the possibly malformation of this group of questions.

Firefox.

Firefox can be modified easily, to not display: Adds, Popups, Popunders, Moving ribbon, and Flash displays.

Are these Offensive items still downloaded hence consuming part of the “Data Cap” and simply not displayed?

Or are they not downloaded at all. Effectively stretching the usable Data volume in a “Data Cap”?

IE.

In IE one can turn on and off picture display almost at will speeding page loading.

Again are the pictures simply downloaded and not displayed, or are they not downloaded at all stretching the “Data Cap”?

Finally.

Which of the two Browsers could fairly be said to be the most economic to run (Ie, Using the least amount of data volume to provide the same service).

Firefox with constant add and flash blocking, or IE with third party add blockers?

D.

Chilling_Silence

Default Re: Data cap consumption. Firefox v IE.

Firefox!

It pains me to use even Konqueror - Especially when PF1 had Flash Animations - I just simply dont get them downloading wasting my bandwidth... Nor ads, popups.... None of it is downloaded!

You also get the added bonus of not getting Toolbars / Spyware (Gain comes to mind) being downloaded then asking you if they can be installed!

Chill.

drb1

Default Re: Data cap consumption. Firefox v IE.

Chill,

Thank you.

I did not think they were, but did not Know, not being the most net savvy off folk.

That would make Firefox very economic to run, compared to IE so giving another advantage to users.

D.