icyred

Default fonts disappearing in Powerpoint 2003 pro ed

greetings all

having a problem with powerpoint-have made two slideshows, using font named "Sydnie"-when I re-enter the slideshows to work on them some more, this font is not loaded, and slideshow appears in a font of PPT's own choosing-I made the slideshow on this machine, using this Powerpoint, and nothing has been changed-wtf has happened to the font ? ?:| ?:| how can it be there one day but not the next ? have put a lot of work into this presentation and was going to finalise it this pm for presntation tomorrow am-don't really need these distractions. Can anybody help ?
    also, my keyboard seems to have decided to choose its own character set-when I try to hit @ in its normal place above the 2, I get " in stead, and vice versa i.e. I have to hit the " key to get the @ symbol. not impossible to work around, but still a pain in the proverbial. any solutions ?

cheers

icy

godfather

Default Re: fonts disappearing in Powerpoint 2003 pro ed

Your keyboard is set for English - European, it should be set for US.

Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages - Details - Installed Services - delete any but the US keyboard

icyred

thanks for that-thought it might be something like that. how do I get to have english (uk) as default input language, but use US keyboard layout-I'm sure I could probably find this somewhere, but should be working on slideshow !!!

cheers

icy

godfather

Also, wonder where the Sydnie font originated from?

By origin I believe its an Apple Quicktime font and not a "standard" ttf, unless someone has converted it.

Certainly not installed by default here, even with Office 2003.

If its non-standard, perhaps it doesn't "stick"?

If you are presenting on a machine other than that one, make sure it uses common fonts.

icyred

assume it installed itself when I loaded Office-scrolling through fonts and there it was-previewed it, thought it looked cool, tried to use it. may have to stick with boring old arial or similar, to ensure compatibility.

cheers

icy