Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OT: Weather

mr_rix

Default OT: Weather

Weather here in Masterton = Horrible

2ft of water on State Highway 2

My Rural Delivery postie of 14 years has been killed! She was always friendly, helpful and very fast. I know I will miss her.

School damaged.

Ick.

zqwerty

Default Re: OT: Weather

Expect more as time goes on, as a system held in dynamic stability by a feedback loop is continuously taken to the edge of its loop stability by internal changes sooner or later it will go out of lock periodically and produce large scale instabilities. Global warming is a misnomer, what is actually happening is just more extremes all over the world. Have a look at phase lock loops and how they operate. A sin wave is just a square wave with an applied feedback loop.

Hope that is not too cryptic, but don't want to be too verbose or brevity will suffer.

Laura

You guys in the lower part of the North Island have everyone's sympathy, I'm sure.

Certainly in this Dunedin household we've followed the saga of your postie since first knowing she was missing (we have rural delivery when in Central Otago & know how conscientious these deliverers are) and are sad about the outcome.

Plus of course the dreadful flooding (second time this year for some) can't help but promote sympathy from anyone who's ever had their house inundated - and should do so from anyone who's ever wondered how they'd cope if it happened to them.
    No wonder you're fed up. Who wouldn't be?
    But lots of the rest of the country are thinking of you all.

Terry Porritt

Gaia seems to be losing the race with humans, for a while I thought HIV may do the trick.

The worlds population needs to be reduced by a factor of up to about 5 times to bring back stability, but I'm afraid it is now too late...........aagh....lies gasping on the floor from CO2 asphyxiation.

TonyF

> The worlds population needs to be reduced by a factor
    > of up to about 5 times to bring back stability
    We now need some interesting suggestions as to how this might be achieved.....

Murray P

> > The worlds population needs to be reduced by a
    > factor
    > > of up to about 5 times to bring back stability
    > We now need some interesting suggestions as to how
    > this might be achieved.....
    >

Well Tony, we've got the yanks on the job haven't we. 2nd generation of Bush's (where are the Reagan kids?) and I'm sure they've bread some more of the same ilk. All we need now is to keep the other extremists rolling along and, sooner or later something really, very, serious is going to hit the fan.

Cheers Murray P

metla

> > The worlds population needs to be reduced by a
    > factor
    > > of up to about 5 times to bring back stability
    > We now need some interesting suggestions as to how
    > this might be achieved.....
    >

War.
    Famine.
    Disease.

Laura

Lot of interesting stuff here about the world's population.
    (OK Terry, you started it )
    Frankly, I see no correlation between population numbers and the current flooding - much of it in rural areas with few people.
    Maybe some of you got your threads wrong?
    Those who want to have a go about population numbers, start another one...because this sure isn't giving much support to those people who've lost everything & are in crisis mode right now.
    I expect we have more PF1ers than the original poster who've had major problems.?

I hoped my post would start some more support from others - not go away into abstract land (Obviously nobody read the bit about:*how would I feel if it happened to me?* Smug fellers, who know it won't, eh?)

For those involved, this isn't an academic exercise - it's real life they have to deal with now & for a long time to get back to normal.
    Wake up & get real before you post.!

zqwerty

It's a world-wide problem manifesting in a local area, I think, unfortunately, that we are going to see much more of it. One hundred year events will probably become commonplace. Wait until China really gets going.

zqwerty