chiefnz

Default Attention Jetstream Surf Users

Hey guys,

I have just changed over from the Jetstream Starter plan to the flat rate Jetstream Surf Plan (10GB)

Now the specs for this service are 256k download and 128k upload... so theoretically I should get approximately 30kbps on downloads (seen as I was averaging 15kbps on the previous Jetstream Starter service... ) logic dictates that you just double it as the new plan offers double the download speed of the old plan I was on.?

Am I correct in assuming this or have I put myself crook with the calculations somewhere?

What is the average speed other users on the same plan are getting?

Also this "CHURN" fee that is being introduced by Telecom...what's that all about? According to my ISP... at the end of September I won't have to pay Telecom the monthly Jetstream connection fee... is this true?

If I'm not going to be paying it... will they automatically stop charging my phone bill or will I have to make arrangements for them to stop billing me?

any constructive comments appreciated...

cheers

chiefnz

drcspy

Default Re: Attention Jetstream Surf Users

well those are interesting questions......cant answer them but I'll be keeping an eye on the developments...i've just won a free jetstream connection, (including install and modem) for 12 months so by then I'm hopin that they will have either reduced the cost or something so I can continue when the freebie runs out ........ cant complain eh !!!

godfather

> What is the average speed other users on the same
    > plan are getting?

32 kB/s download, 16 kB/s upload.

Remember to reboot your router after the change or your speed may not change.

> Also this "CHURN" fee that is being introduced
    > by Telecom...what's that all about?

The churn fee charged from ISPs when customers switch from existing services to new ones is now $101.75 for residential customers and $105.50 for business clients. Its a charge made by Telecom to your ISP, not directly to you.

> According to my
    > ISP... at the end of September I won't have to pay
    > Telecom the monthly Jetstream connection fee... is
    > this true?

Your ISP bill should include the Jetstream portion, so all money will go to the ISP, and they pay Telecom.

> If I'm not going to be paying it... will they
    > automatically stop charging my phone bill or will I
    > have to make arrangements for them to stop billing
    > me?

How could we know that?
    You have not advised us what arrangements you have.

If you are paying by direct debit, where they uplift the exact amount from your bank, then if there is no amount owing, they will uplift exactly that amount ($0). I.e. they will not extract money, that just follows logic. You could remove their ability to uplift anything, your choice (and bank fee for making the change).

If however you have an automatic payment that pays a fixed amount, then unless you change that it will continue. Only you will know what you have. It may be something completely different, but you should know.

chiefnz

At the moment I'm paying my ISP and Telecom separately.

I guess it will be better served if I ring my ISP and find out fromthem what the actual story is.

cheers

chiefnz

Blue_face

When i changed my plan, the 256k dosnt actually starts until your next billing month

chiefnz

Well I've spoken to my ISP... turns out I was still on the jetstream plan. I had to change the username on my ADSL modem/router before I would see the speed change...

now consistently getting between 32kbps and 39kbps

cheers

chiefnz