bethaneise

Default no access to internet explorer

Help!! i opened the control panel. Then i went to msn 6.1. And did a repair, But now i cannot open internet explorer. What have i done wrong? I did a repair as i was having problems with the computer shutting down. Message kept saying msn was missing.. How can i fix this to get it back again, we have two computers networked together, thanks

Megaman

Default Re: no access to internet explorer

open task manager (ctrl+alt+del), click processes and see if iexplore.exe is there

bethaneise

ok i opened it no ie explorer only explore exe. I am running windows xp proffesional.. Perhaps i have really messed it up. thnx for ur reply

Jen C

>But now i cannot open internet explorer. What have i done wrong?

What sort of error messages are you getting when you try to launch Internet Explorer? Have you tried starting it directly from within its directory C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe?

Megaman

in the processes tab in task manager, click "start process" and type "iexplore.exe". If it works then, then there is a problem with it not starting up the process when windows boots. You haven't used a program to remove internet explorer have you?

bethaneise

I have checked all the suggestions out. Nothing seems to be working..I really dont know what to do. Thnx for the advise its driving me potty. Perhaps when i did a change in the msn 6 it caused it?

J ZEP

Hi Bethaneise, A few questions... as asked previously by Jen, what error messages are you getting? or does it just not open? Or have you lost the program completely? No shortucut at all? Is it still under your start menu? Programs list? Desktop shortcut? Are you using XP pro with SP1 on it? The only other thing i am wondering, is, if you went into control panel, add/remove to fix MSN you didn't change the default programs while you were in there did you? (This would only apply if you are using XP SP1 though?)
    But if you can answer some of the above questions it may help us a little :-).