Misty

Default AVG detected Trojan

Today AVG detected a Trojan named
    Downloader.Axload.E
    I have put it into the virus vault

It was in a file C:|Windows\System\Comload.DLL

Since this file is now in the virus vault too, is there anything that it does that could detract from my normal work please ?

Incidentally I did a search in Google on Downloader.Axload.E and the only result was in French on a site Kaspersky which lists Trojans etc.
    Misty

tommy

Default Re: AVG detected Trojan

Comload.DLL is an ActiveX control placed on web sites to load and run executable files, notably premium-rate dialers. See this page for more information. It would be a good idea to check the instructions on that page to ensure that all traces have been removed.
    It would also be a good idea to delete the file/trojan from AVG's virus vault. You can do this by running AVG Anti Virus, go to Program, Virus Vault and delete the files within.
    If you have Windows ME or XP you will need to disable System Restore and reboot your computer to ensure that the trojan is deleted from in there. After rebooting, re-enable System Restore.

Pheonix

Default Re: AVG detected Trojan

FYI, when it is put in the vault, it is encrypted , so for it to be of any danger, it requires AVG to decrypt it. Otherwise it is a group of 0's and 1's with no use at all.
    Also, AVG will pickup the trojan even in the restore files, it just cannot get past the Windows protection on the restore files, to clean it out.

having said all that, it certainly wouldn't hurt to do it, and in the very least give some peace of mind.