Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clipart

beetle

Default Clipart

i have just found a use for clipart in my assignments, and have to say the amount that are on xp are very non useful.......

has any one got any recomendations for freeware sites, that you dont need to register with or join or $$$$$?

with an educational swing on it maybe?

i have not really taken much use of this feature before, and i have various posters to do, and i cant draw for any body let alone for assignments.

and yes i have googled, but cant say any of the sites i looked at quite fit the bill.

or any other suggestions instead????

thanxs
    beetle

Robin S_

Default Re: Clipart

You say you have tried Google - presumably to look for free clipart sites.
    Try - http://www.webplaces.com/search/index.htm#Google - which gives you a detailed search facility for clipart subjects eg birthday cake, balloon, truck etc. It is different from the webplaces.com home page, in case you have already been there.

Murray P

You could try your MS Office CD. Depending on your installation it'd possible not all the clipart availaible was installed.

Check out the MS Office Site to see if there is anything new in the clipart categories.

Cheers Murray P

beetle

ok lost me here MP.

did a search and i dont have office installed....and when clcik on msoffice file says insert disk???? so im missing something here.

i have works installed with the comp and have got open office off a pc world disk, and now have word 97, but cannot source this ms office you talking about.

i have a file called clipart and that is a pathetic amount of pics in it.

any furthor inspiration as to why i dont have ms office installed when most other people i have talked to as well expect it to be here or is it a lemon thing?

and ill have a look at the site you recomended Robin s thank you.

beetle

zqwerty

zqwerty

Shortstop

You should be able to select Microsoft Clips Gallery in Start-Programmes and in that dialogue box Clips Online which gives you an unlimited selection by name and type.

Elephant

I would suggest that Works is re-installed using the "complete" option.

Get out your "Works" disk and insert.

You hopefully will get prompts like reinstall, repair, etc.

Reinstall "complete."

This may give you more clipart without inserting disk.

When you look for ClipArt what application are you running? If this is "MSWord" then this may be part of MSOffice. Do you have MSOffice?

Other than that you can use Google to search for "Clipart"

Robin S_

Hi again Beetle

As you may have found already the link posted by Murray P is dead but taking a cue from that I tried - http://office.microsoft.com and did a search on 'All the site' for 'Clipart' and that was very informative. If you click on the first find (something about 140,000 clips) it brings up, under 'Browse media ...", about 50 categories similar to those used in the MS ClipArt Galleries (but more). If you click on, say, 'Transport' you can narrow the finds by doing a subsearch for eg buses. If you go through the 'clipart' search finds there is a lot of stuff about editing clipart, etc.

A few weeks ago I spent some time tooling around microsoft.com looking for clipart without success. There, all the clipart links seem to be dead and, typical MS, there aren't any redirections to the office site.

HTH