jcr1

Default Internet Connection Sharing with wireless internet

I have my wireless network up & running but am unable to get internet connection sharing working with my new wireless internet service.
    The wireless modem now uses my original network device (intel) so I have bought a netgear NIC and installed in a PCI slot.
    I have been using Analog proxy server for ICS with my previous internet service (Ihug Ultra; 1 way satellite) and it worked fine.
    I have set up the connections to share internet through a proxy server and assigned IP addresses etc.: 192.168.0.1 on intel device which is where wireless modem is connected, 192.168.0.4 for new network card for wireless network and 192.168.0.254 for wireless access point (factory default & it's worked fine), and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 for everything.
    Is there someone who could offer me some advice on this subject please.

tweak\'e

Default Re: Internet Connection Sharing with wireless internet

does windows file sharing work? (i'm assuming both pc's are running windows)

can you ping the other pc's?

do you have any firewalls installed?

>been using Analog proxy server for ICS

sorry for being picky but ICS ussually refers to windows ICS service (ie part of windows). i assume you don't have ICS enabled and are running the internet shareing through the proxy server.

jcr1

Default Re: Internet Connection Sharing with wireless internet

Thanks very much for your prompt reply tweak"e; I've actually sussed it out, went to the "proxies" settings in Mozilla preferences on the laptop (client) and found all the IP adresses were mistyped (by me!! of course), so corrected this and internet sharing through the proxy server is working fine. NOTE; I'm using the correct terminology. I don't mind you correcting me on this at all, best way to learn and if we do use the right terms then it should make it easier for us to make ourselves understood.