Misty

Default How to smash your PC and relieve frustration - courtesy of "The Scotsman"

Have a look at this site if you want to relieve your frustrations with your PC. You can use your fists -
    http://www.inicia.es/de/Turbo_J/metele.html

The Scotsman newspaper says
    Javi Hernandez Hernandez's wonderful program simulates a computer crash and then allows you to simulate punching your PC until the silicon little swine is smashed into tiny pieces.

It is truly liberating. You will feel your fears and stresses evaporate. It's a truly Zen-like experience - apart from the fists.

Enjoy !
    Misty

Growly

Default Re: How to smash your PC and relieve frustration - courtesy of "The Scotsman"

Gosh, that WAS fun!

Jester

Default Re: How to smash your PC and relieve frustration - courtesy of "The Scotsma

I stared at the blank orange box for about, umm 10 mins .... (using Mozilla) ..... wondered if the joke was on me, then tried it in IE ... ah hah!

nice

Laura

Default Re: How to smash your PC and relieve frustration - courtesy of "The Scotsma

I've had a wonderful version of "Smash the Screen " ever since my first computer was set up by a friend last year.
    He did it for children to play with. I found that it was also fun for adults.
    I tried this one.
    It's fun. but not a patch on what I can do with my own bit of entertainment when in the mood.
    So where did my friend find the website

Laura

Sorry - got distracted by a mouse in a cupboard, - not your normal mouse, but one which thinks it"s invincible..
    (Too loud & cheeky to ignore, it needed a firm hand to kill.)
    So as a totally liberated and independemt woman , I will wait until Mr Laura deals with the mouse.Then we will see,,,

Greg S

That was cute. Also had to run it in IE coz Netscape wouldn't load it.

Anyhow, I prefer stressreducer! (It's worth the small download)

Laura

Well, I'm sorry my posts on this are starting to look like a soap opera, but it's a long story of unexpected interruptions. However, I'm finally organised.

I see that Greg S has posted meanwhile with something that sounds very like my suggestion, but as his is a larger download (& I don't have time to test it right now), I'll carry on regardless.
    You get what I called "Smash the Screen" at

http://www.gemtree.com/prog_fav.htm.
    It's a download of 694KB. Scroll down the page to Desktop Games (It's called Stress reducer or somesuch. Same as yours, Greg? If so, why the size difference?)
    What you get is the ability to belt your screen with a hammer - plus satisfying crashes of broken glass as the cracks appear.
    There are other choices & a good sequence is as follows:
    Smash it up
    Chop the remnants with a noisy chainsaw
    Drop wriggling termites to munch on the ruins
    Kill some of those with a flamethrower, some with a machine gun & the rest with a phaser
    Then wash the damage off
    (Or you can be meek & just cover it up with stamps. The killer stuff is more fun, even for placid types like me....)
    The site is freeware with lots of other stuff I haven't tried - all made with the Peter programming tool.
    This link is not the English version of this game, but instructions aren't needed - just try with right & left clicks & you'll get the hang of it easily. I have to rush now, so no time to find my original.
    Happy smashing.
    P.S. Re my earlier post - it would be nice to say "No mice were harmed in ...." But it wouldn't be true.

Greg S

Sounds like the exact same programme Laura. I have no idea why the different file size. I uploaded my version that I got several years ago, so I can't recall where I found it. Maybe because mine is a self-running exe?

Anyway I had huge fun with this when I used to work in a call centre... I was naughty and installed it, then complained to my team leader that my PC had some bugs in it. It was hilarious seeing their reaction (after he called the IT fellows) to see squirmy bugs wriggling around! LOL

mark c

:^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O

(NB: Doesn't work in Opera either.)

Nice laugh, thanks.