|llus|oN

Default a4tech kb/mouse driver(s) for linux?

Am busy building a new comp and would like to use the A4tech KB-S2548RPC cordless keyboard/optical mouse.
    (http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp
    CID=2&SCID=14&MNO=KBS-2548RP)

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for driver(s) (if any) so I can run this setup with linux (either mandrake or xandros) only? (ie: no m$ o/s on the comp. linux only) Or do I even need any? (I assume I do)

Thanks in advance ....

Chilling_Silence

Default Re: a4tech kb/mouse driver(s) for linux?

Hi |llus|oN,

The URL is broken sorry, but...
    Linux is brilliant with Drivers, it comes with pretty much everything!

The mouse (Im pretty sure) will use IMPS2, and the keyboard will just be picked up as a stock keyboard.

You should just be able to plug it in and thats it :-)

Have you used Linux before?

Cheers

Chill.

|llus|oN

Thanks Chill. I kinda figured the q? would be in your league.

Sorry about the broken url. It somehow got screwed up but if you cut and paste the whole thing youll get it.

No I havent used linux before but have read up a lot about it and already use opensource software a lot in preference to proprietory brands. Figured it was time to get a new comp and might as well abandon m$ completely at the same time (will still have the old p120 to fall back on if things get desperate (read: screwed up)

|llus|oN

Same question again Chill, or anyone else, on a Phillips 17" 170B4BB LCD monitor. Same answer? or?

Just hoping not to make the mistake of investing (lol, what an expression to use) in expensive gear only to find it wont do as I want.

bmason

The screen should be fine. All new screens talk DDC so linux can can just ask it what it supports.

Jen C

> Same question again Chill, or anyone else, on a
    > Phillips 17" 170B4BB LCD monitor. Same answer? or?

I have that same monitor under Fedora Core 2 test 1 and it was automatically correctly identified during the installation process. One thing you might encounter is that if you select your screen resolution of 1280x1024 during installation, you might still end up with 1024x768 being displayed. Apparently anaconda (a common installation program) can only select up to 1024x768 regardless of having higher resolutions to pick from. This is easily corrected once Linux is up and running. Depending upon what distro you choose, you just need to go into your monitor configuration settings and re-select 1280x1024 or manually edit your XF86Config. Upon reboot or restarting X, the new resolution will be used.

|llus|oN

Thanks bmason and Jen C. Sounds all fairly straight forward then (yeah right ... lol). Time to start ordering up a decent comp