Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Odin

Default BEWARE: Telecoms New Jetstream Surf plans

After deciding to sign up and give the new 256 jetstream surf plans a go to see what it was like, I was told that the plan would come into effect on the next billing cycle and the date given to me was for me the 22nd of March (tomorrow).

However I (not trusting trusting telecom as far as I could spit them) had a sneaking suspicion that telecom might implement the plan early and count the traffic without telling me, and I was damn well right.

Telecom have been counting my traffic from the 12th of March even though I am still on Jetstart 128 I haven't even changed my login details to the new fast adsl login name so I am not getting 256 but am having all my traffic counted against it. The jetstream usage meter shows I am currently on the Jetstream Surf plan and have been since the 12th, without even knowing it.

I strongly suggest you to go and check that you have also have not been activated before the date they told you, for those of you that are still waiting to have it enabled.

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised by this action from a company that has demonstrated time and time again how it doesn't give a damn about it's customers.

metla

Default Re: BEWARE: Telecoms New Jetstream Surf plans

About time PCWorld done an article blowing telecom and their tactics sky high,If the daily news papers got on the bandwagon we could see some **** fly.

Telecom disgust me.

And every month ill continue to pay my bills to a company i would avoid completely is i was able.

Ok....i lie, My wife pays the bills, i dont even know if they are monthly or not.....

stu140103

> However I (not trusting trusting telecom as far as I
    > could spit them) had a sneaking suspicion that
    > telecom might implement the plan early and count the
    > traffic without telling me, and I was damn well
    > right.
    >
    > Telecom have been counting my traffic from the 12th
    > of March even though I am still on Jetstart 128 I
    > haven't even changed my login details to the new fast
    > adsl login name so I am not getting 256 but am having
    > all my traffic counted against it. The jetstream
    > usage meter shows I am currently on the Jetstream
    > Surf plan and have been since the 12th, without even
    > knowing it.

Two questions

1. Who is your ISP? xtra I guess?

2. Have you thought that they might of just update the traffic meter to the new Jet stream Surf plan, but you are still been billed for Jetstreem starter?

** Sigh here come another telecom bashing thread **

sam m

you're right chill

i changed my plan. i arranged for the change about 5 days before my switch dates. the day after this i noticed that the meter had changed to the new jetstream surf plan but on the xtra meter i was still on starter.

when the switch did happen it was all updated.

Growly

You know, it really saddens me that we all have to bash Telecom. Sure, they have bad ways, but are you positive they are the only ones? We only hear of their bad side cause everyone has to use them!

metla

Telecom like all companies need compition to keep them honest.

stu140103

> Telecom like all companies need compition to keep
    > them honest.

And that will not happen any time soon… again we go back to the Govt… & how they will or don’t want to get off their backsides!!! & Do something about this?

Also I don’t think unbundling the local loop will happen any time soon, especial now since Telecom has add there new Jetstream plans.

Does any one know when we will hear if the govt will unbunad the local loop or not?

sam m

> you're right chill
    >
    soz, i mean stu

Ashley Matthews

Similar sort of situation happened to me. I requested the change and had the relevant information and confirmations e-mailed to me yet lo and behold the usage meter still says that i am on my old 256k 2gig plan. I called telecom and told them this (this has happened the last 2 plan changes i''ve made as well) and told them they can get stuffed if im paying for what they should have changed. The telecom rep agreed and logged this info against me account so i have recourse if they screw up more.

Odin

I actually rang telecom (before posting) and they verified that they HAVE in fact updated me to the jetstream surf even though I am NOT even on it yet and wont have unitl tomorrow and ARE counting all my traffice on this months account even though they told me it wouldn't start till the 22nd. So this monthsa data cap is gone before I even got to use it, typical. I am now cancelling all dsl and phone services with them and am going to wait for a new wireless service starting in April that does both phone and internet and does not use telecoms lines.