arse

Default ActiveSync - Any way to disable Outlook being the default mail program?

Hi all,

I have an iPaq little beastie, and have been using Activesync to backup/update various file transfers etc. I use Outlook Express as my default mail program, and have now found that I cannot change back to Outlook Express (it is grayed out in the programs tab under internet options) rather I am now stuck with Outlook as the default due to ActiveSync backing everything up to there.

Any advice/fixes/alternatives to being able to use Outlook Express while still being able to use ActiveSync or different would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks heaps.

Craig.

robo

Default Re: ActiveSync - Any way to disable Outlook being the default mail program?

Dude. You used outlook express and you want to change to outlook express? Confused.
    Can you restate the problem by saying OE for Outlook Express and O for vanilla outlook?
    robo.

Laura

Default Re: ActiveSync - Any way to disable Outlook being the default mail program?

My interpretation

ActiveSynch has changed his default from Outlook Express to MS Outlook.

He wants to keep ActiveSynch , but go back to Outlook Express as default.

How does he do that?

arse

Sorry Robo,

Yup, what Laura said, OE was default. Used ActiveSync, and now O is default. Want to use OE as default mail program, but cannot change the default under the Internet Options "Program" tab to OE as OE is grayed out...........

HELP!!!!!

Cheers

Craig.

robo

Okay
    Big question:
    Does Activesync work with OE? It appears that it does from the help on my copy.
    Next question:
    How do you change it? Buggered if I can tell. Anyone got any ideas?
    robo.

Pheonix

Try this if you are using XP.

Laura

If that didn't help, a post made later tonight may...

Read what GaleForce said in thread IE6/outlook - a fix for a problem with similarities.

It's an old thread with today's entry near the bottom.

Let us know how you got on