Thread: Plug ins

dumdum

Default Plug ins

Could someone let me know how plug ins work please.I visited a site recently and it said I needed the plug in to view pics.I downloaded the plug in offered,yet nothing changed.I could definitely do with a bit of educating on this matter please.
    XP....Firebird.
    Cheers DD.

Susan B

Default Re: Plug ins

Hiya :-)

What plugin did you download? Have a look through and follow the instructions on this page. If you get stuck just ask for more help.

Jen C

To see what plugins you have already installed, open up Mozilla Firebird and in the address bar where the web site URL goes, type in about: plugin. Note: remove the space I had to add after the : to stop this happening --> aboutluggin which doesn't quite convey what I was trying to type

This will show what plugins are already installed and what versions they are.

dumdum

Thanks for that info ladies it is most appreciated.Sorry I took so long to reply back,the reason being obvious.I`ll do the leg work on it tomorrow and let you know how I got on.
    Cheers
    DD.

supergran

I am curious about this topic too, so how do I find out what I have in my puter. 98SE and IE 5.5. TIA

Fire-and-Ice

Supergran, if you're using Internet Explorer you can find out what plugins you've got installed by looking in Tools, Options, General, Settings, View Objects. The items listed in there are the plugins. ;-)

supergran

Thanks, I just checked, and have seen those programs before, but didn't realise they were plugins. I just had to download a plug in for Nero, but that isnt' in there, so they obviously dont all go to the same place, or I shifted where it went to. But as it works, I am not worried about where I put it. LOL

metla

um.....why on earth would you think a plug in for nero would install itself into IE?

Common sence says its in the nero plug-in folder.

supergran

Metla, I didnt' have the foggiest what a plug in even did, which is why I asked the previous question, so how the heck would I know where it is supposed to go, when I dont' even know what it does!!!!!!!!!!1