Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    csinclair83

Default Finances+budget software

Is there any simple to use budgeting software or anything you can add to excel or something, as I wanna use something simple not confusing or hard or takes too long to download (56kuser here)

i just want something that can let me write down my finances under rent, power, phone etc and has something at bottom saying you have this much left after this weeks bills gone out and also you would have this much left after this month, so i can know how much left after a week, also after a month if i start saving some etc

hope this is not confusing

Thanks in advance

Peter H

Default Re: Finances+budget software

Would be very easy in Excell. Enter expenses in Col c - income in Col b - In say line 35 Col c enter =sum(C1:C30) Col d =sum(B1:B30) Line 35 still, in Col e =sum(C35,-B35)
    Bye

veterannz

Why not just download "Cashbook". It's easy to use, free and excellent simple software.

WalOne

Hi Craig

Cashbook is good, but may be overkill for what you want. It's also more for accounting after the fact rather than what you plan to spend. I've evolved a simple Excel spreadsheet that may be more what you're looking for. I've emailed this to you at your address in your profile. Hope you'll find it of some use. Ciao

WalOne

Woops - Chris! Sorry ?:|

csinclair83

hey walone..sorry i didnt get back to you earlier, was out at carols by candlelight...
    anyway, thanks for that excel sheet, will give it a look and a try tommorrow when i am more awake...

and not worried but how did u think my name was craig? its Chris but yeah....

mikebartnz

Cashbook complete or whatever it is called is usually on the PCWorld CD.

Baldy

LOL, why not just use a pen and paper?

Old fashioned I know, but as a student I wouldn't have thought you would have had too many complications.

Sometimes its quicker to use pen, paper and a calculator!

csinclair83

arrgh pen and paper..worse thing i can have especially when i know theres a computer i can use :-)
    yes these days i try and do everything online apart from shopping...
    i just hate having pen and papers lying around when i can use word/excel and its tidier and organised...
    and another reason why is i wanna save the forests :-)

yes it mite be quicker to do it on pen and paper but i think i'm moving with the future

Dolby Digital

MS Money would probably do exactly what you want. I trust you donīt want to pay to much for it... maybe someone might have a copy lying around.