amyes5

Default PayPal.Your impression please

I wish to lodge a small amount (US $10 - 20) with a music site to pay for downloads.This amount can topped up as required etc etc. As this music site is not one of the major players I'd rather not use a credit card at this stage until I'm satisfied with its performance & delivery etc.So I'm considering PayPal - at least for my first deposit.Has anyone used P/Pal & how did they find it?I ask becauseI've seen a bit of adverse publicity about them recently.Are there alternatives

robo

Default Re: PayPal.Your impression please

Some feel their fees are too high. I used them and it worked really well to pay a few people but I've never been paid using it so can't comment on the other side of the coin.
    Completely trustworthy if you can live with fees why not?
    robo.

Susan B

Have used Paypal several times for overseas payments with no problems. Last used a week ago.

Greg S

One of my overseas customers (well my only one actually) pays me via Paypal - we split the cost of the transaction. It works fine so far, but I wouldn't trust it for very large amounts, either sending or receiving.

The transaction fees are high(ish) but less expensive than any other means of international money transfer that I know of.

Greg S

ps - yes there are alternatives, none of which I've tried:

VeriSign
    Internetsecure
    Authorizenet
    Worldpay
    Internetsecure
    2Checkout.com
    Custom gateway

Steve Askew

How does one pay by PAYPAL without a credit card?
    Just curious as I don't have a credit card & I would like to purchase a product from an overseas company that supports PAYPAL.

Steve

sam m

I have used Paypal when buying via ebay. I only purchase from vendors that use Paypal just for my own peace of mind. I was impressed by the sign up processed which was very involved and if memory serves me, they actually confirm my c/card details by debiting my c/card a small amount which would either confirm to a legitimate customer or alarm an unsuspecting one.(which was refunded as well of course)

Steve: I was helping a friend set up Payal as I saw the bank account option but later discovered that this was only available to US customers. (this may have changed since) ASFAIK credit card is the only way from NZ.

Greg S

You can use the bank account option here in NZ - drawback is that all transactions must take place in US dollars. Paypal recognises my bank -- Westpac, but can't say whether it will for others.

Steve Askew

Thanks,I'll have to check it out as I'm with the National bank.

Steve

nomad

paypal is good. no issues. only issue is the xchange rate can be better! never reflects the rate at ur own bank. www.bidpay.com is expensive by comparison as they charge the sender a service charge around 5%.