Thread: Address book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rabanfield

Default Address book

every month I backup my essential files and documents to a RW-CD and thought i had it pretty right Except I discover my address book backup was the shortcut !!!! After mucking about I find that I can, select all/copy/paste and that does the job except I finish up with all the individual entries....does anyone know of a method of copying the address book in total...running MS 98SE and IE 6
    I have also found when copying my address book to a floppy it won't go beyond about 70 entries and says something like it was unable to copy a certain entry and everything beyond there (to the end) won't copy
    Cheers

Pheonix

Default Re: Address book

Do a search for *.wab (It will me something like (your e-mail name).wab)
    This is your addressbook file. Just need to copy that one.
    To restore, just use OE6 file-import .

Susan B

> I have also found when copying my address book to a floppy it won't go beyond about 70 entries and says something like it was unable to copy a certain entry and everything beyond there (to the end) won't copy

Are you able to identify that entry that stalls the copying process? If so either delete the entry or edit it so that you can continue copying.

rabanfield

It's not always the same entry it stalls at ..I had thought of that so it's a mystery....haven't tried it for a while so memory is not that sharp will have to try it again...thanks anyway

John H

Have you thought about exporting the address book into a file like a .csv or .wab file, and then backing that up? If necessary you could later import it back into your emailer.

If you are using Outlook Express, open your Address Book, then export it in your desired format making sure you see where the export goes to. Then see if that will copy to a floppy.

John

rabanfield

Thanks to all I have found that using the Find programme and locating the *.wab file and copying that all problems are solved....I also discovered my backup floppy (for my address book) was faulty...Press F1 is a great place to solve problems ...thanks again
    Ray