Kenshin

Default AOC 17" LCD LM721A

Hi, sorry for keep on asking about different hardwares : (
    I am on the verge of buying a new comp... and want every thing to be perfect while paying the minimal price..so hope you understand...

Anyway, this time I want to know if any of you have experience with this LCD?? It's selling at a reasonable price 710 incl GST.. and has 16ms response time 400:1 contrast ratio.

I ll need it for games, movies and work ...
    any advice would greatly be appreciated : )

Cheers!!

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~

Default Re: AOC 17" LCD LM721A

First, and foremost, this LCD is available from many places for $605+. These include QMB Computers, Ezone Computers, NFC to name a few... all which are in Auckland *shows that there IS an advantage living in Auckland *

Although I do not own a LCD, as far as I know, they are not suitable for gaming or video as they give bad quality. Not sure why though. If these are your main uses, just stick to the normal CRT monitors like 19" (equalivalent to the 17" LCD)

Good luck,

P.S. You may find PriceSpy useful when comparing prices.

sanchez

Default Re: AOC 17" LCD LM721A

That LCD will be fine for movies and desktop use, and probably pretty reasonable for most games, i've seen a few low end lcd's being used for BF1942 etc, and they're not that bad at all.

AOC quality isnt exactly the best, but as they all come with a 3yr onsite warranty, that dosent matter so much.

You've got to watch out when looking at response times, the 16ms may only apply at a certain colour depth (16bit??), Hitachi is the only brand that i know of who makes a true 16ms LCD.