Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Megaman
    Guest

    Default OT: The laws of...

    The Law of Expectations:
    Negative expectations yield negative results; positive expectations yield negative results.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bawldrick's Law of Cunning Plans:
    Every person has a cunning plan that will not work.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Law of Problem Solving:
    Inside of every large problem there is a small problem waiting to get out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 90-90 Rule of Scheduling:
    The first 90 percent of a task consumes 90 percent of the time; the remaining 10 percent consumes the other 90 percent.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Law of Inertia:
    Given sufficient time, what you put off doing today will eventually get forgotten.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Law of Inevitability:
    Any time things appear to be getting better, you have overlooked something.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Law of Perfection:
    There is never time to do anything right, but always time to do it over again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Law of Solutions:
    The chief cause of today's problems was yesterday's solutions.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Law of Murphy:
    If something can go wrong, it will go wrong.

    Law of Drunk: Who cares? Just drink it.

    The Law of AI:
    No matter what condition you ask it to check, real AI knows that you are testing it, and will never give the correct answer.

    The other queue always moves faster.

    The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train.

    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

    My favorite:

    He who has the gold makes the rules.

  2. #2
    Craigb
    Guest

    Default Re: OT: The laws of...

    And another

    If you play with something for long enough, you will eventually break it.

  3. #3
    Jeff
    Guest

    Default Re: OT: The laws of...

    A couple of Goodies:

    To err is human, to really foul things up you need a computer.

    Python's Principle Of TV Morality: There is nothing wrong with sex on TV, as long as you don't fall off.

    Jeff.

Similar Threads

  1. Laws that are actually true
    By beeswax34 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
  2. Interesting laws...
    By somebody in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-06-2007, 09:08 AM
  3. The 48 Laws of Power
    By radium in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM
  4. air gun-how old,laws etc
    By lance4k in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-01-2007, 03:24 PM
  5. US Laws Are A Little Different:
    By SurferJoe46 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •