Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    csinclair83

Default Bill Gate's Value

Microsoft Corp co-founder Bill Gates, worth $US46 billion topped a list of the 400 richest people in the United States, published by Forbes magazine.

It was the 10th year in a row in which Gates, the 47-year-old chairman of Microsoft, topped the rankings of the richest people in the United States, compiled by the business magazine.

His fortune increased by $US3 billion over the past year, according to Forbes.

Warren Buffett, 73, chairman of the Berkshire Hathaway investment group, was second on the list with a fortune of $US36 billion. Ranked third was Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, 50, with a total net worth of $US22 billion.

The next five slots were held by members of the Walton family, owners of Wal-Mart, the world's largest retail store chain, with a net worth of $US20.5 billion each.

In ninth position was Oracle Corp chairman Lawrence Ellison, 59, with a fortune of $US18 billion. Rounding out the top 10 was Dell Inc chief Michael Dell, 38, with a net worth of $US13 billion.

Forbes said that after declining for the past two years, the aggregate net worth of the wealthiest 400 US citizens rose 10% in the past year to $US955 billion.

Jeff Bezos, 39, of Amazon.com was among the US millionaires who posted the biggest gains in net worth over the past year, Forbes said. His net worth rose more than $US3 billion to $US5.1 billion. Bezos ranked 32nd on the Forbes 400 list.

Other notable members of the Forbes 400 include News Corp's Rupert Murdoch, 72, 27th on the list, with a net worth of $US7.2 billion and New York mayor and Bloomberg LP founder Michael Bloomberg, 61, 36th on the list with a net worth of $US4.9 billion ($A7.4 billion).

Filmmaker Steven Spielberg, 56, and New York real estate mogul Donald Trump, 57, were tied for 71st spot on the list with fortunes estimated at $US2.5 billion each.

Tied for 78th place with fortunes worth $US2.3 billion each were Apple Computer's Steve Jobs, 48, fashiondesigner Ralph Lauren, 64, and CNN founder Ted Turner, 64.

Makes me wonder..why cant they even donate some of that to poor countries..or even sponsor the kingz..they looking for $500-600 thousand...
    and none of these would break his bank.....whats he gonna do with all that money?

and thats definately a unbeleiveable bank account he would have...

metla

Default Re: Bill Gate's Value

I think you will find(if you looked)that Bill donates huge amounts of money to many causes,And the sooner the Kingz are disbanded the better,i dont agree with rewarding bad management.

Baldy

> I think you will find(if you looked)that Bill donates
    > huge amounts of money to many causes,And the sooner
    > the Kingz are disbanded the better,i dont agree with
    > rewarding bad management.

Hear Hear Metla. Yes Bill Gates donates a huge amount of dosh

Thomas

And who are the Kingz?,no don't tell me.

csinclair83

kingz..are the so called professional football team in the aussie league
    like the warriors are in the nrl..

robsonde

I read somewhere that bill donates more to medical research each year than the US goverment does.

Dolby Digital

>>I think you will find(if you looked)that Bill donates huge amounts of money to many causes
    What a nice bloke. He can afford too and it gives him a few brownie points in the process. Whats a few million when you are worth billions.

Mike

> and none of these would break his bank.....whats he
    > gonna do with all that money?

I think you'll find that most of these guys don't have that much money in the bank (okay okay yeah they have HEAPS in the bank) - most of their money is in unspendable investments/shares/properties etc. and not in cash. This is why their net worth changes so much every year - if the property values decline or their share values drop then so does their net worth. If it were all just money in the bank then it'll be increasing every year.

Mike.

Harry_H

apart from a few million for his kids, he's giving it all away when he "retires". Check out http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm for just how much he is doing.

Baldy

People should be more concerned about the "value" of American Pentecostal churches, and those Auckland Polynesian churches - taking all that Tythe money of the people who can't afford it!!!!!
    Nothing to do with Bill Gates I know, but just had to get it off my chest, while we were talking about $Billions