TonyF

Default ZA update and NAV - conflict ?

Have just installed the update for ZA free, and my NAV seems corrupted. Coincidence ? NAV uninstall files deactivated, Win add/remove would not work. used JV16 to effect cleanout.
    Anyone else with this ?

Murray P

Default Re: ZA update and NAV - conflict ?

ZA & Nav don't get along with much as far as I know or have experienced. What OS are you using, can you restore? Try reinstalling and updating Nav. Use Kerio firewall instead of ZA.

Cheers Murray P

Billy T

Weeeeeell,

I've been running ZA & Nav on five computers for a couple of years with no problems. What sort of conflicts are happening? I have always fully uninstalled ZA before installing any update, and I never update unles there is a clear advantage in doing so. Provided Shields-Up & other tests show my computers as protected I don't really see the need to update ZA.

I am open toc orrection though.

Cheers

Bily 8-{)

Chemical Ali

I concur with Billy -- seem experience also.

TonyF

>
    > I've been running ZA & Nav on five computers for a
    > couple of years with no problems.
    Thanks Bill 8 and Chemical Ali. Never problems before. Don't yet know what destroyed NAV. Could not at first re-imstall NAV2003 as there seemed to be a Dll install problem which cause install to stop. Managed to run 2002, which will do for a while. No viruses and no trojans ....

Billy T

If you want to do a reinstall of NAV, take a look at their Knowledge Base for how to manually remove the dregs.

I recently removed expired Nav 2001 prior to installing Nav 2003 and did the automatic uninstall, followed by a reboot then a registry search for "Nav" and deleted every instance. I then checked for Symantec and removed any related to Nav that the first sweep missed. Did this on four computers and all loaded the new Nav and ran faultlessly. ZA didn't care either.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

TonyF

> If you want to do a reinstall of NAV, take a look at
    > their Knowledge Base for how to manually remove the
    > dregs.
    Thanks for that. I had used their uninstal once before but this time the real problem was on why the re-install halted at a particular dll.
    2002 running OK with 12 months to go but will later maybe clean it out with the Symantec tool and try 2003 again. Maybe ZA had nothing to do with it. Just another Redmond mystery ....