asdex

Default moving contacts in Outlook

Hi, is there anyway of transferring the contacts address book in Outlook to a different login. Either by emailing or disk. I have tried emailing from one login to another the Wab file and also CONTAB32.DLL which I though could be the contacts address book but neither worked. I could copy and paste all the email addresses but surely theres a quicker way.I am using Windows 2000
    Thanks,
    asdex

Babe Ruth

Default Re: moving contacts in Outlook

asdex,

If you are talking about Outlook (not Outlook Express) then you can export the contacts list to a PST file which can then be imported by the other user again via Outlook via the import function.

In Outlook the import/export functions are under the File menu... (the function is wizard based for ease of use)

From OE help: To export an address book in Outlook Express...

On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Address Book.
    Choose a format for the export. To export your address book directly from Outlook Express, choose Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book. To use a file with address information separated by commas, select Text File.
    Click Export.
    Choose a profile that most closely fits the intended use for the exported address book, and then click OK.

Babe.