pat2pat

Default Dynalink router/modem RTA020 vs Belkin wireless cable/DSL gateway router

I purchased the Belkin wireless gateway router,which comes with 3 ports and a wireless lan port), hoping to setup a wireless connection for my laptop (wireless connection) and my desktop (cable connection) to share my Jetstream Internet connection. I am using Windows ME and can share files between the desktop and laptop thru "My Network Place" when they are connected to the Belkin gateway router. Problems arise when I try to connect to the Internet. It seems the Belkin gateway router (only compatible with PPPoE not PPPoA) seems to have problem in detecting the Dynalink modem/router. Anyone knows how to setup this network so I can share my internet connection for my 2 PCs (note I must use "infrastructure mode" not ad-hoc mode for the wireless connection because I want to add my ipaq in this network later)?

wuppo

Default Re: Dynalink router/modem RTA020 vs Belkin wireless cable/DSL gateway router

The Dynalink handles the PPP; the Belkin only needs to act as a switch / wireless AP. What model is the Belkin?

kiwistag

Default Re: Dynalink router/modem RTA020 vs Belkin wireless cable/DSL gateway router

Depending how you have it linked, you can also set the RTA020 to act as a bridge.

I've got the RTA020 myself & it is pretty well set up.

Have you got your router pointing to the gateway I.P (Dynalink Router) also try the DNS forwarding option too.

wuppo

Connect one of the LAN ports on the Belkin to the Dynalink (i.e. DON'T try to connect the WAN port of the Belkin anywhere). (You may need a crossover cable if the ports aren't autoswitching or have a crossover switch). Also switch off any of the Belkins router functions (DHCP, NAT etc). That way, you use the Belkin as a switch + AP.