Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JamesStewart

Default TV Cards For Computers....

I was looking around the Dick Smith’s web site and came across a TV Tuner for your computer and now the idea is very tempting. I am wondering though, do you really get what they say you get for $150 - $175? I mean, are these cards a good replacement for a T.V (not that I have one in my room ^_^). I do know you need a fairly good computer to run them… Can any one comment on the Dick Smith PCI card or recommend a good card out there. $200 is the max I would be will to pay for one.

Thanks

James

BTW: Here is the link for the one I spotted http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...ct/View/XH6765

JamesStewart

Default Re: TV Cards For Computers....

Looks liek that link didn't work so the Cat No. is XH6765.

metla

You dont need a very grunty pc to run a tv card,only if you want to use it to capture(even then with everthing maxed out i only get 30-50% cpu usage while capturing).

The dse card looks fine,and i have a personal hate for dse.....

BootyLicious

I have a DSE Tv Tuner card, it works good BUT i say you need a outside antenna to get it working the best.

i have the $148 one XH6765 and it goes good but i have a outside antenna

PoWa

I've really never had any luck with dse cards. I think a few I tried were FlyVideo cards. LifeView sounds kinda similiar.

southern_jas

I have a LeadtekWinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe card (around $140-160) and with the outside aerial I get a great picture - although only on a 17" monitor, but still better than a 14" TV

godfather

I have a DSE TV card, works fine and would also stress that you need a real outside aerial, do not expect acceptable results on an indoor aerial.

If any of your signals are on VHF, then a good outside aerial will be needed to overcome the large amount of interference generated by the PC.

You may get a watchable signal on UHF channels with an indoor aerial.

JamesStewart

How do I do what your signal is on? UHF or VHF? We have a outdoor antenia....

rsnic

The card that dicksmith has is a lifeview flyvideo 3000. Have a look at http://www.lifeview.com
    I have the flyvideo 98 which really sux under windows since there are no decent drivers for it but this one looks ok. It needs the same requirements as a normal tv does for reception. Bunny ears will not do the trick unless you live under or near the broadcasting tower.

PoWa

DO NOT get flyvideo brand.