Thread: Desktop Icon

Katana

Default Desktop Icon

I'm just wondering how to put a icon of desktop into my taskbar at the bottom of desktop, I'm using Windows 98.

Thanks

stu140103

Default Re: Desktop Icon

Hello Katana

Welcome To Press F1

> I'm just wondering how to put a icon of desktop into
    > my taskbar at the bottom of desktop, I'm using
    > Windows 98.

Just copy it & drag it to the quick lunch bar( the bar next to the start bution), if you talking about the bar next to the clock then you cant put a desktop icon there.

Hope this helps

cyberchuck

Are you referring to putting an icon on your desktop into the QuickLaunch bar next to your Start Button?

This is easy enough, just drag the right hand side of the quicklaunch bar so that there is spare room for a new icon, then you can just "drag and drop" the icon from the desktop into the spare space you have made.
    Alternatively, you can right-click on a part of the QuickLaunch bar that isn't used by an icon and then left click on Open Folder. This will open the QuickLaunch folder so you can copy and paste your icons from your desktop into the QuickLaunch bar so that icons remain both on the desktop and in the bar.

CyberChuck

Jen C

I am guessing that you want your "show desktop" icon back onto the quick launch taskbar. Clicking this icon minimises all windows and shows an empty desktop.

To return this icon in Win98 navigate to C:\windows\system\show desktop.scf. Right-click on it and select "Create Shortcut". Drag that shortcut to the Launch Bar. You might want to rename it so it doesn't display "shortcut to show desktop" to just "Show desktop".

Katana

Got it now.....Thanks all