heaton

Default Norton Sub Renewal

In my new computer Norton Antivirus and Norton Security came bundled.
    I have been trying to find out the cost of renewal and whether there are TWO renewal costs applicable. The paraphenalia that I have to go through on their website is about 9 out of 10 in the frustration level.
    Apparently I have got to go throught the process of filling in an order form before I can see the price and this tells me that the price is $47 odd but does not say whether this is $NZ or what. Also it does not tell me what the price of Norton Security is.
    So roll on AVG and to heck with all the hassle.
    Cheers......heaton

agent

Default Re: Norton Sub Renewal

I had my fair shares of troubles.

Having sent my NZ$20 off to Symantec (credit card), I received a confirmation code in my email.

However, contrary to them saying I simply entered it in Norton AntiVirus and it never asked for it again - it never happened like that. Any time I ran LiveUpdate I had to go to the website, convert that code to the update code, and update.

And if I downloaded the program upgrade, it always said "this is a demo version, and cannot be updated" - bullshit, I had a fully legal version that I bought.

Now I use avast! 4 Home version. Much easier, and nicer looking.

i-gordon

I have Norton System Works 2002 and recently I had to reinstall it. After I reinstalled it my subscription date started again from the reinstall date.
    So far I have had 17 months of updates on a 1 year subscription.
    Could be worth a try. Its not enough to just uninstall and reinstall. Download the Rnav.exe utility from Symantec Support. Also get rid of all traces of Norton & Symantec from the registry. A good tool to do this is the JV16 Power Tools free on the April PC world CD
    Good Luck
    Ian Gordon

Thomas

I agree with you heaton,a complicated business indeed,like you I say roll on avg.