Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    somebody

Default HELP - I've somehow lost part of my taskbar

Somehow I've managed to lose the part of my taskbar which displays the windows you currently have open (eg. Internet Explorer etc.).

I am running WinXP Home, and I somehow did it this morning. The language bar and the "task"bar had swapped places, so I tried to switch them around. It didn't do any good. Basically I got back on my computer, and it had lost the taskbar. any ideas? (The start button, quicklaunch, system tray etc. are still all there).

Anybody know how I can fix this? I don't know how this happened, so yeah.

Susan B

Default Re: HELP - I've somehow lost part of my taskbar

Just wondering if you have somehow slid the taskbar too far over one way. Make sure your taskbar is unlocked then look for "sections" to drag either to the left or to the right. Your cursor will change to a double-pointed arrow when you come across these "sections" and if this is what has happened you will be able to drag the windows icons back into view again.

J ZEP

Hi somebody, don't know if this will be of any help, but, i just looked under the taskbar settings and noticed there is a setting: auto hide the taskbar, maybe somehow you ticked that or set it through the taskbar itself??? So presuming that as you haven't got the taskbar to right click - right click on the Start menu, then under properties - you have the taskbar settings tab to check if it is that setting ticked maybe?? Otherwise i am sure somebody else will know what it is :-)

somebody

I can't see any sections. I have unlocked the taskbar to see. I assume that if I get rid of all the toolbars (language bar, quicklaunch etc.) the taskbar should come back, but it doesn't.

Now I've got better vocab (after talking to a friend), I'll re-word the question.

My taskbar has disappeared from my startbar. I have tried closing all the toolbars, to no avail, tried closing/starting explorer.exe, to no avail, tried logging off and on again, to no avail, and tried a restart, to no avail.

I am running WinXP Home.

HELP anybody???

somebody

tried that... doesn't work unfortunately.

Pheonix

Put your mouse pointer over the join between desktop and bar, where it changes to a "double arrow". Then left click and hold, then drag upwards so that the bar is double thickness. After releasing the button, open a folder and see if it appears in the task bar?

somebody

tried that too. At the moment my start bar is double-thickness. It is unlocked, and the only "toolbar" is the Quick Launch. I wonder if it's been caused by some kind of virus or something?

metla

supply a screenshot for a relevent diagnosis.

J ZEP

A quick search of the k.base brought up

This
    and

This maybe?

googles search brought up results that seemed to relate to drivers being installed recently that caused this kind of problem.........

But most searches ended up with/at the top link at the k.base as the answer.

hamstar

if you dont have anywhere to put a screenshot email it to me at f_ckthe_system@mail2crazy.com and i will host it on my site for you.