Kame

Default Running PHP pages off CD

I just thought I'd post here first seeing if anyone has heard anything like this before heading to php.net.

Is it possible to run PHP pages off a CDR by incorporating a PHP type engine/server within the program? The way I'm thinking about it, it seems it could be possible. What I mean is that you don't have to have PHP installed on your computer for it to work, but the processing and all that type of stuff will require your computer to do it, considering it's server-side. Just being able to view PHP off a CDR without installing anything is what I'm getting at.

Thinking about it more there's probably no reason why HTML wouldn't be suitable for this task, but what I have done in PHP would mean recreating it so it's in HTML so I'm looking for alternative ways just to lessen my load.

-=JM=-

Default Re: Running PHP pages off CD

Sounds like a rather interesting idea. Though it kind of takes away the point when they view the source anyway I would've thought.

Would be a nice thing to try though.

Merlin

Short answer - no

Kame

There are many ways of encrypting your pages that would make it impossible to decipher for the non computer experts that would still let it run.

I reckon all it'll need is a simple (complex) interpreter compiler to help along the lines with turning PHP into what it's suppose to do. Quite hard to do without the actual libraries but that can all be stored on CD no doubt as it's not going to be that big (I don't think). As long as it doesn't require a full installation of PHP is should be alright.

-=JM=-

Let us know how well you go with it.