Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PoWa

Default How do I use TV-Out on my Video Card to get picture + sound on my TV??!!

I have a GF4 mx440, 64mb, 8xAGP with Tv-out on the back.

I want to play a few divX movies from my PC and get the picture and sound coming out on the TV - at high quality.

How do I actually get this to work? I've been into DSE and they were really no help at all.

My Sony Triniton TV (Model T29?) has the standard coaxial cable input at the back,
    A video input section at the front that has Video in (yellow hole) and Audio in (black hole)

At the back of the tv, it has:
    Video In: Audio, Video holes
    Monitor Out: Audio, Video holes.

What equipment do I need, where can I get it from and how do I do I set it up??

I can't believe they make it so difficult just to get video from your comp to your tv!

Chilling_Silently

Default Re: How do I use TV-Out on my Video Card to get picture + sound on my TV??!

This isnt too hard if you know what you're doing:

You'll need:

A double Male ended RCA lead for TV-Out
    A 3.5mm Male to 2x RCA Male lead for sound. Put the 3.5mm end into the Line Out jack on your SoundCard, then the 2x RCA leads into ya telly!

And you're away!

From there, simply open up the Display Settings and go into the Advanced Settings... Have a look around in the nVidia tools in there :-)

Ive done it many times, post back if you need clarification :-)

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

BTW - Its pretty useless for general Desktop use.. but Vids/DivX/DVD's etc play great!

godfather

Default Re: How do I use TV-Out on my Video Card to get picture + sound on my TV??!!

You need an RCA to RCA lead for your video signal. (Assuming the fly-lead on your MX440 is RCA for TV out as the MX460 is

You need an RCA to 3.5 mm plug lead for your audio.

Yellow Video in RCA socket on the TV goes to Video out on the PC
    Audio in RCA socket on the TV goes to the LINE input of your soundcard. (3.5 mm socket)

You will need to select the Line input of your soundcard in Volume control.

You will need to run whatever software, or use display properties to tell the PC to use Video Out (TV Out)

Terry Porritt

Default Re: How do I use TV-Out on my Video Card to get picture + sound on my TV??!!

Err....... Im a bit confused here, Chilling seems to be assuming the TV has stereo input, whereas as Goddie says you just need a 3.5mm (mono) jack to RCA, which is correct, though a stereo lead would work ok.

Goddie says connect to the soundcard line in instead of line out, Im sure that is just a slip of typing. In volume control just Line needs to be selected, and in Open Volume Controls-Options-Properties-Playback, ensure the line box is ticked ( this is for Win98 BTW, probably similar in XP?)
    ?:|

CYaBro

From reading the original post the TV is only mono (black audio RCA sockets)
    If it were stereo then it would have white & red audio RCA sockets

Chilling_Silently

Default Re: How do I use TV-Out on my Video Card to get picture + sound on my TV??!

I was just covering all my bases... Why not have stereo sound if you can... and if you've only got one input into the TV, then you'll only get mono anyways wont you?

Either way, you're not going to die if you only use one.

I use two though, for stereo sound.. into my Home Theatre system :-) Works a treat!

PoWa

I'm lost now

Too much technical jargon!!

Whats an RCA slot, whats a 3.5mm jack look like etc? colour might help

Where do I buy them from?

PoWa

>You need an RCA to RCA lead for your video signal. (Assuming the fly-lead on your MX440 is RCA for TV out as the MX460 is
    >GodFather

My tv-out on the card looks like it can have 4tiny pins go into it, and one tiny squareish size pin.

There is no place on the tv for an RCA cord.

PoWa

If at all possible...direct me to the webpage that sells this special cord.

Thanks!!

CYaBro

It sounds like your video card has an S-Video socket so you will need a cable to go from S-Video (on video card) to RCA video in (on the TV). Will also need 3.5mm plug to RCA to go from sound card to the audio in (on the TV.)

Here are the links for you:

3.5mm mono plug to RCA

S-Video to RCA

I hope that helps.