Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Chilling_Silence

Default PressF1 Survey: How often does your Browser/PC/ProgramX crash?

Im just curious how often your Web Browser crashes, how often your PC gets so unstable it requires a reboot (Or too many program crashes make it do it istelf etc.) and how often the other Program that you use most die on ya?

For me:
    Phoenix - Never
    IE6 - Once every 2 days
    WinAmp - Never

And occasionally (VERY) in Linux, I'll kill my window manager somehow :-)

Anybody else?

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Susan B

Default Re: PressF1 Survey: How often does your Browser/PC/ProgramX crash?

Hmm, I have to think hard about this one because things do not crash on me that often. My system is pretty stable considering the fiddling I do.

Opera - has very rarely crashed on me, maybe never? Well, not that I can remember anyway.

IE 6 - again cannot remember but it probably has a couple of times.

Kerio has packed a sad a few times for some reason. Program conflicts would probably have been the cause.

There is one thing that does regularly crash on me without fail and that is Liam's Chatroom!

rayonline

windows 2000, the blue screen of death upon bootup (memory trouble): once per 2 weeks. while working: none.

IE6 browser: say once a week when lots of windows opened.

Outlook 2000, email: before like 10 times a day!! now reinstall - never.

flyer590

I mostly use Linux and so it is quite stable. The only time it ever crashes is if I change a config file or something like that. Mozilla is rock solid and has never crashed on me, but Phoenix in Linux often crashes.

tweak\'e

win98se stable as a rock its been running all day every day this long weekend without crashing or needing a reboot. (i hope the good luck lasts ;-))

opera has crashed a few times, i've yet to work out why. possible conflict with icq.

accrobat reader is normally the app i have crash most often.

IE6- don't use it enough to find out.

Chilling_Silently

Well... I forgot to add that ICQ Lite crashes sometimes on me.. Once every 5 or so days on My Win2K Pro PC.. or Once a day on the Family's WinXP PC :-)

Jen C

My WinME has been crash happy recently. It doesn't seem to like me constantly changing Network TCP/IP settings and the compulsory reboot at each change (only doing this as I am trouble shooting a problem at the moment). Even running winipcfg is starting to cause a program not responding error :-( .

My main WinXP machine hums along quite nicely. I have crashed Opera twice, the second time it took Windows out with it. I am currently making heaps of coasters trying to Ghost my system (gone thru 8 CD's tonight!). I suspect this is hardware related though and not software/CD as it is a brand new CD-RW.

Other than that, computer & software are normally well behaved. :-)

Jen

E.ric

Only when I put in a NetGuide or Australian Personnel Computer CDROM

NZ PC World CDROM never give this problem.

-=JM=-

I use Windows XP Pro as my main operating system and it has never crashed on me other than when I've been overclocking a tad too much.

Phoenix - never other than when I've just closed it anyway, think it's my memory. Or if I've intentionally been running javascripts trying to crash it.

Mozilla - same as Phoenix

Foobar - never

Trillian - never, apart from when there is a "user logged on" popup on the screen when I change my Windows Visual Style.

IE - never, only ever use it for windows updates and that chatroom with bad browser support.

all in all most of my things don't crash unless I've been doing stuff I shouldn't have been doing anyway.

segfault

I'm running GNOME 2.2 on GNU/Segfault Linux 3.0. Most of the stuff I'm running is in development (A lot of gtk2 apps that haven't reached the stable stage yet) so crashes should be expected, however I haven't had any crashes that haven't been because of me messing around with something. (I'm a bug reporter, so I have to try and make things crash )