summertime

Default Printing problem

Why can't I print from a web page when in Opera? I can print okay if I use IE6. Operating systen Win 98 SE and Printer Brother Laser HL 1230. Any suggestions as to how I can correct this will be appreciated.......thanks

Susan B

Default Re: Printing problem

What version of Opera? Does your printer have the latest drivers installed?

summertime

Have Version 7 Opera. Don't know what driver I have for printer. How do I check that?

summertime

Found out I have V1.3 driver installed released Aug 2001. Tried to download latest driver from Brother Solutions (version 1.3 released May 2002) download is successful but after unzipping the files successfully the pc says "the file does not appear to be valid.......if you downloaded these files please try again. After downloading a second time the same thing happens. What do you suggest please?

Susan B

Hmmm, I am no expert on updating drivers so you will have to wait for advice from one of our experts on that one, sorry.

Are you able to do a print preview in Opera? Opera has just released version 7.10 which might be worth updating to. It could possibly fix your problem.

godfather

There appear to be significant issues with Opera 6 and Brother printers.

Its unlikely to be fixed by updating the driver (which is still v1.3, so it is not an updated version). Any real update would have an incremented number.

Suggest upgrade to the later version of Opera, that may fix it. Or not.

The error you are getting from the driver file suggests its corrupt on the server, nothing much you can do. Not likely your problem.

summertime

I updated Opera but the printer problem still persists. so will just have to live with it. Thanks for your suggestions though.

mikebartnz

>> There appear to be significant issues with Opera 6 and Brother printers
    By rights it sounds more like a problem with Windows than the driver because the driver is tied to the OS as all drivers are.