Brain_Cell_Anon

Default Address Book through Outlook Express

Is it possible to have two (or possibly more!!) Eddress Books running at the same time, or is there a 'third party' Eddress Book I can as well as the MS one?

There are two people using my computer, and sometimes I need to send to almost everyone in the Eddress Book. But the second person has her eddresses in there as well and I don't really want to go through unclicking her eddresses all the time.

Thanx

Danger

Default Re: Address Book through Outlook Express

Yes you can have two or more address book identities, but I don't think you can have them both open at the same time. Open your address book and select File/switch identity/manage identities/new. Then enter the same identity as per your email programs. You can then arange between the identities which addresses you want assosiated with which email addy.

Brain_Cell_Anon

I thank you, and that's what I thought as well!

But I have no "switch identity/manage identities/new" under the 'File' drop down. Not sure why! I only have IE/OE 5 tho'. Could that be it???
    ?:|

Danger

Have you opened the address book directly from a short cut rather than from your email program? It makes a difference. Open it with your email program closed. Shouldn't matter which version Ie/Oe you have.

Brain_Cell_Anon

The properties of Start, Programs, Accessories, Address Book (or should I say right clicking on the Address Book icon ) displays - "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wab.exe". I think thats right. (?)

Sort of thinking this computer has got a few electrons missing!!?

Can't sleep either, a?

IanJ

A possible alternative is to create a distribution list. Place in this list all the people that you send bulk emails to.

NB. When sending a bulk email I suggest putting all the names in the BCC field so that the people don't see all the names of the people you have sent it to.

Ian

Gordon.

If you want to have separate lists for all your Club Mail Outs, another separate list for all your business contacts, etc then open OutLook Express > Address Book > Click on the New Tab for inserting new contacts > Select New Group and give it a name > then place your contacts into there.

When you send a message, open a new message as normal and click the BBC tab and instead of clicking you way through the address book selecting names just click on the "club mail" group as a example and the message will go to all those in that group.

Brain_Cell_Anon

Thanx 4 that.
    I think that's the way to go!

Ass for the Bcc thing, it's a policy of mine to do that! Some of my mates are dodgy barstools and would sell their Grandmas kidneys for a 'handle',if you get the drift!?!?

Cheers.