miken

Default Scanner KTX 9600ap

I am trying to install a Scanner KTX 9600 ap.
    I have loaded the software but can't launch the scanner program - message comes up on screen - warming up - calibrating then error message -failed to adjust to an adequate color balance value.My operating system is 98.
    Can anyone help - I am new at this

Gordon.

Default Re: Scanner KTX 9600ap

I get the same error from time to time but all I do is hit Enter, another error message comes up straight away, hit Enter again and then try accessing it again, usually loads up ok the second time.

Also, I don't access that scanner directly but from within Paintshop Pro or Adobe Photoshop.

I would suggest you uninstall and start the install process again, making sure you install each item of software as you go. The only two I did not install was IE4 and the OCR but I did install the KTX software and 3 items of the Scanner Suite, assuming of course your one has come with the same software as mine was first installed just as win98 was released so thats going back a wee way now.

Another thing to look for, probably not related at this stage is the scanner will have a lock key tab, the one on mine is located left front and you just slide it across to unlock it, you have done that as well ?

If you have a graphic's program such as Paintshop Pro, try accessing the scanner from there and if you can get the KTX interface to pop up, direct it to load to application rather than using it's own and somewhat limited software.

robsonde

this could mean that the light in the scanner is dead or getting old ant tired.

the KTX brand has not been sold for sevral years so it is posable that it is just getting too old.

Babe Ruth

Hi Miken,

Are you the same Mike Neal who posted at Experts-Exchange
    (what were the results of the checks given there with the urls to other information)
    and also the Mike who posted on Shoalhaven what were the results from there?

Any further information that may help here, that you got from others, to save going over the same ground.

Cheers, Babe.

miken

Hi Babe,
    Yes it is the same Mike Neal.
    I have tried all sugestions with no luck - might need to invest in a new one.
    Thanks for your help.
    Rgds, Mike

miken

I am going to try and obtain a new light if I can find a company that stocks them.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks for your help.
    Mike

miken

Tried your suggestions Gordon still no luck but thanks for your suggestion.

Gordon.

For what it would cost to fix it, you should be able to pick up a new one for under 200 ?