Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    E.ric

Default Those darn passwords

With all those darn passwords at different websites

I was thinking if you had trouble spelling a word, one way you could remember it would be to use it as a password.

trouble is how do you spell dislexyc

1Cheers23 from Eric

robo

Default Re: Those darn passwords

We don't talk about passwords or logins here, the server might be listening.

Elephant

I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my passwords for various web sites.

Dyslexic is spelt this way> :-)

YMMV!!!

Elephant

>We don't talk about passwords or logins here, the server might be >listening.

Lately it doesn't want to know my password.

Good to be able to post again and thanks for the good work.

I'm sure all PressF1 fans agree.

I am now going to Preview and Spell check this one. If it gets on then at this time it works. :-)

Spot th deliberate spelling mistake... th for the..

I have previewed and spell checked and back in Edit mode. Now check the preview and spell check again now I know I have a spelling error.

Spell checker found two instances of the word "th" in the above so appears to be working.

Posting now. :-)

Elephant

OK... It all worked!!!!!!!!!

Chilling_Silence

You keep them in a spreadsheet??

My passwords (Old ones) are like this:
    xxsdhp99
    mangofloor406
    soredoor21
    most_middle_41
    nickelroof43

That's about it.. I never write them down.. Dont know why?! I guess I just dont want any of the family logging in as me :-)

Susan B

My CardFile is just so handy - everyone should have one.

This is from Graham Petrie many moons ago:

TIP: Save yourself entering all those details over and over...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sick of entering name and email at every post? I have found some software which is initially a 128bit encyption password database, but allows usernames and passwords to be auto entered at sites using a drag and drop interface. However, other information can also be stored such as required for an F1 post. I simply drag an icon on to the post page, and all my details are entered.

Try it esp. advanced features

It is called KeyWallet and is downloadable freeware at http://www.keywallet.com/ or http://www.webattack.com/get/keywallet.shtml

I know other software out there does similar things, but I found this to be a nice tidy little app which fufilled my purposes nicely (It just so happened that I was in the middle of designing my own software to do the same sort of thing so I have been saved the trouble.)

I haven't tried it myself -- all my passwords are written down on a sheet of paper which is then buried under all my mess on the PC desk. No one here is brave enough to disturb anything.

Gorela

Mozilla has a wee log-on password cache built-in. It appears to be quite good, especially as it can then be password protected as well. And that feature shows you a small meter that tells you if your password is any good.

But as they say, if you throw enough grunt at something any password can be broken.

Chilling_Silence

I broke my Lotus Notes ID file password (11Chars long) by a brute force attack on a P3 667Mhz in only 3-4 days. There was no dictionary attack involved, so right from the letter 'A' (or 'a' coz its case sensitive) it went... MILLIONS of combinations I tell ya, especially seeing as they're case sensitive!

-=JM=-

90% of my passwords don't really matter at all. I have a select few which I use for those.

Others do matter... I don't use the same passwords for these types.

Also I believe one is probably better to have a password they can remember than to be writing down passwords for everywhere.