Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cyberchuck

Default OT: NCEA Results Available

Just a note: everyone that sat to NCEA - your results are finally available for viewing on the NZQA Website - if your interested and plan on taking a looksie before your parents do

flyer590

Default Re: OT: NCEA Results Available

Thanks for posting that. I just checked my results and they were slightly better than I had expected. :-)

cyberchuck

I'm not that impressed with mine - but they'll do for the time been. I did note that not all exams were up yet - only 2 out of the 5 or so Exams I did were listed, and both were internal - so my I already knew those results anyway

flyer590

All of mine were posted there - maybe you should check again? My results are not terrific but I expected worse, so yeah

cyberchuck

Hey
    I've checked twice in regards to History and I've only got my Internally Assessed listed - as do one of my friends - Then again, as we sat NCEA in Form 4 that could be the reason - doubt it.
    I'll call my cousin and ask her how she did with History as we're supposed to be pretty even on that field so if she did bad - then - I'm dead :_|

I wanted to achieve Excellence for everything in NCEA - which may be kinda stupid setting myself high goals. Still I'm reasonably happy with my results - 1 Achieved which really upset me, but then again it's life

CyberChuck

flyer590

LOL......I only passed 12 credits in History......just passed!

cyberchuck

I wouldn't worry about it - I haven't even passed history yet with my 2 results - got a Credit of 8 at the moment

DangerousDave

I HATE NCEA ARGHHHH
    i think i'm seriously gonna write a letter to the editor at NZherald about it, since the start its been flawed, several times me or other schoolyard chums got arount 80-90% and failed or got achived, this happened more than u would think.

the biggest screw up tho was when ppl found out that the subjects they were doing didn't give them enuff credits to actaully pass at the end of the year, so effectivly they failed before they even started!!

i didn't do too badly, only failed 2 parts (it was a computer exam too, well text and information management, and we were given 2hrs to do a 3hr exam, 50% and over failed all the externals exams for it and no one got excellence)

the funny thing was i did really well on my hard subjects and not too well on my easy bum subjects

- david

cyberchuck

> I HATE NCEA ARGHHHH
    Yes - we all do!

> i think i'm seriously gonna write a letter to the editor at NZherald about
    > it, since the start its been flawed, several times me or other schoolyard
    > chums got arount 80-90% and failed or got achived, this happened
    > more than u would think.
    Have you looked here and seen the real statistics - Look at Maths - most people failed (thank God I didn't), and only 4, 8, 16 etc (16max) people actually achieved Excellence. Also someone at my school - before they changed their policy so if you fail one area then the rest doesn't get failed, before their policy was if you fail one area in the exam and receive E in the rest, then your result is NA, same if your result was E, E, E, E, E, A - your final result is A - Stupid Huh?

> the biggest screw up tho was when ppl found out that the subjects
    > they were doing didn't give them enuff credits to actaully pass at the
    > end of the year, so effectivly they failed before they even started!!
    Well, as my class only did 2 subjects in NCEA this year (Maths and History) our whole class effectively failed, even though we only did 2 subjects :_|

> i didn't do too badly, only failed 2 parts (it was a computer exam too,
    > well text and information management, and we were given 2hrs to do
    > a 3hr exam, 50% and over failed all the externals exams for it and no
    > one got excellence)
    My Maths paper never turned up at the exam, so for 30 mins (more - I actually did time it) I was running around the school looking for a paper. In the end I ended up having to take spares and write my NSI up the top of them all. Now there's been a [censored] and I've been counted absent for one of my exams :_|

> the funny thing was i did really well on my hard subjects and not too
    > well on my easy bum subjects
    Ain't Irony great

CyberChuck

stiven

> i didn't do too badly, only failed 2 parts (it was a
    > computer exam too, well text and information
    > management, and we were given 2hrs to do a 3hr exam,
    > 50% and over failed all the externals exams for it
    > and no one got excellence)

yeah, i did IM as well, didn't fail any tho, got a merit and 2 achieved's. quite disappointed tho, as in my school exams i was getting merits and excellences for them... either my school was soft on marking, or the big cats upstairs were real tough. i got all the percentages as well, 58% failed the 1.5 communication!! ended up with 147 credits for my year tho, so i passed.

stiven