PressF1 User

Default Need Help - I want to join .dat VCD files together. Software needed please?

I'm wanting to join 2 and in some cases 3 VCD dat files together to form 1 large complete video .dat file that can then be played as a single unit. Could someone please let me know what software I can use (freeware is best) to do this. I'm running a Windows XP Pro, 256 RAM, system. Thanks in advance.

Chilling_Silence

Default Re: Need Help - I want to join .dat VCD files together. Software needed ple

I think that Virtual Dub might be able to help out here..
    Wait and see what Tweak'e says on it

keza

Default Re: Need Help - I want to join .dat VCD files together. Software needed please?

What you are calling .DAT files are actually standard MPEG videos that have been renamed to be VCD\SVCD compliant.
    So therefore you need an MPEG splitting program.
    You can find a couple on KaZaA (that are actually free), but I haven't used HTTP to find one of these programs.

Have phun!

tweak\'e

Default Re: Need Help - I want to join .dat VCD files together. Software needed please?

have a look here.

PressF1 User

Thanks for your helpful advice Tweak'e. I used the TMPGEnc program which worked very quickly and was easy for me to use. There was no loss of quality in the output file which was good to see. Cheers :-)