Wilky

Default Annoying mouse problem

Ok, I am really starting to get p... ticked off with my mouse. Today it has started to misbehave, kind of sticking occasionally. I have tryed changing drivers, speed, settings... I even whacked the mouse against the desk! But all to no avail. Some help here would be appreciated.

Thx.

Billy T

Default Re: Annoying mouse problem

Turn it upside down, remove the ball and check for fluff & gunge build-up on the rollers. Scrape it off with a toothpick or similar and then clean using a cotton-wool bud & meths or clean water. Clean the ball too.

Always use a mouse mat and keep it clean. If the rollers are not dirty then you may have a worn out mouse. How old is it?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Peter H

Do what Billy T says, but consider buying an Optical one - best thing I ever did. MS Intelleli one.
    Bye

Wilky

My mouse must be worn out- it is 2 years old, no dust- but... it only seems to happen when I use my brand new hp deskjet...

Anyway, I'm planning on getting an optical mouse. Now if only I can convince my parents to get me one...

godfather

Probably not your mouse then.
    If it only happens when printing, your PC is probably "otherwise occupied" spooling to the printer, and has not got the time to check the mouse position. Hence it seems like the mouse but is the whole PC pausing.

Wilky

ARG. I just found out why it was doing it randomly as well. BECAUSE THE BLOODY HP SOFTWARE DUMPED SOME RANDOM CRAP IN TASK SCHEDULER! Bleh.

katt

am curious ... is this the recomended way to investigate misbehaving live pet mice ( of the furry variety ) ??? :O

Wilky

OMG I feel sooooooo stupid. The mouse wasn't plugged in properly! I'll have to add this to my list of computer pranks to pull. ]