Thread: PC Power Supply

pluto

Default PC Power Supply

I was looking at 3R Neon Light Mid Tower Case from PC Gear
    and e-mailed them on what brand power supply came with it, to which they said it was 300W "Dynamic" brand.

Anyone knows if its a good quality power supply and can perform reasonably with Athlon XP2000 system say with a DVD and CDR,and 2 HD's. Although the rated 300W seems ok but seeing some reviews on websites many PS dont even get anywhere near those figures, claimed by the websites

I did a search on google but couldnt locate its manufacture or view its details. Any info will be great!!

Thankxx

Chilling_Silence

Default Re: PC Power Supply

If you're worried, why not by the Case and see if they'll sell it to your without a PSU and buy your own from wherever?!

razzarphenix

I believe 'Dynamic' is 3R's own branded power supply so basically its a '3R power supply' they might not manufacturer it but get someone else to, however you shouldnt be able to find that brand anywhere else.

And yes it will be able to handle the load, the exact same case your talking about does quite fine with:

3 IDE hdds (mainly seagate 40gigs).
    1 x 40x CDRW
    Floppy,
    10/100 network card (pci).
    geforce 4 64meg
    athlon XP 2000
    512meg sdram.
    12 volt external connector (it powers a 12 volt amp so i dont have to use pc speakers).

crozier

Try http://66.201.101.76/pccase/neonlight.html

I personally would avoid PC Gear because of problems I had with them, I got mine from Ascent http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=107968 ask them to try an 'price match', they did for me.

I would expect 300 watts to be OK. I have and XP2000+ with DVD, CDRW, 2 HDDs and a 300 watts PSU.

SKT174

Since u're planning to get a nice case and I suspect u wanna show yr case to someone with those neons why not just get the case without PSu and get yrself a nice 400W dual fan PSUs :^O

Chilling_Silence

QMB.co.nz - Very low price parts!
    ETCComputers.co.nz - the same thing!
    Auckland only mind you..

pluto

Thankxx razzar, crozier.

I did go to 3r website and tried getting info on the case power supply, they do seem to sell and listed separate PS and my guess is that they bundle one of these into the case.

So i take it from you guys that this case comes with a reasonable PS. Also Ascent listed this case as having AMD approved PS so i guess its all good.

SKT174, well yeah i did like the cool light/temp stuff but i dont have enough $$ to get the primo brand name PS. Ascent do sell the case with an optional PS. If i have enough spare $$ i would definitely buy case and PS separately or even the new Air Midi Case.

ChillingS, i will try those sites,

Thankxx ppl.

tobiasm

I can tell you for sure, unlike others we do not bring remarked Power Supplies, the Dynamic power supplies will provide 300W of pure power. The power supplies (Nor the cases for that matter) are not manufactured by 3R System.

They are sufficent to power any standard system. Including your own.

And I do not think you will see any 3R Gear at PC Gear Anymore

crozier

Hi Tobias, and welcome to PressF1.

>I can tell you for sure, unlike others we do not bring remarked Power Supplies

Who is we?

>And I do not think you will see any 3R Gear at PC Gear Anymore

Hmmmm, I just checked their site and you're right. What gives?