Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    squirrel

Default Return to castle Wolfenstein

There are several games on my computer that are difficult to play because they are too dark. Wolfenstein is especially bad, there is a level that is unplayable because it is pitch black. I have maxed out the game brightness and my monitors brightness but it is still too dark. There was a brightness setting page under Display Properties/ Advanced, but with subsequent display driver changes this page has vanished. Is there a registry setting I can change? Or the System.ini brightness value does increasing this make a difference?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Mark Veldhuizen

Default Re: Return to castle Wolfenstein

post a scrn shot of the level

what gfx card do u have

squirrel

The screen shot would be totally black. ASUS AGP-V7100 Deluxe Combo with v30.82 nvidia driver.

Lohsing

Do you have a similar problem to any other games, or just this one? Have you found the "gamma settings" in the video options? How old is your monitor?? Older ones aren't that flash when it comes to brightness...

Lo.

crozier

There was a program called powerstrip which would allow you to set the video card up and use different profiles for different things. I think it came with a video card so it may be freeware or shareware.

.Les

Pete O\'Neil

sounds like your moniters on its last legs. Is it new? What brand? I know a couple guys with problems like what you mention and they either have crap brand moniters or there 5-8yrs old and about to die.

squirrel

Powerstrip kicks ass. Problem solved. I downloaded it from www.fileplanet.com, installed it. Runs sweet as. Has settings adjustment hot keys which allows you to adjust the gamma in-game, on the fly. Brilliant!

Cheers Crozier

crozier

Most games have a brightness setting on the setup or options page within the game. Look for video setup or options.

Lohsing

Have you tried adjusting the "gamma settings" ...? What graphics card do you have? How old is your monitor, etc...?

Lo.

squirrel

Yes there is a brightness setting within the game but this is already maxed out. What other settings could be changed within the game that would increase the lighting?