-=JM=-

Default Thursday 14 November 2002 News - study leave

Here it is, what you've all been waiting for is finally here, that's right folks, it's the news for Thurday.

YahooPOPs! 0.4.0
    This is a handy wee program that will allow you to check your hotmail through your normal pop3 mail client. It works by being it's own pop3 server which talks to Yahoo!. Here for some more about it. and yes it's free

Lite-On comes with stand-alone DVD player - supports MPEG-4
    Yes you read it right, that's a stand alone DVD player that will play MPEG-4 (DivX ;-)) movies. There is no way that you're gonna see my buying a DVD player untill they've got these or similar released in NZ. CD Freaks has the info

DVD2SVCD
    This handy program will let you take a DVD and convert it into a lesser quality SVCD. I'm sure some of you can think of creative ideas as to why this could be useful See here.

AMD postpones 90nm products to 2004
    It would appear as if AMD is going to post pone the release of their 90nm(0.09micron) chips. I'm sure there is many a person rather annoyed at the moment after putting up with their slow(ish) PCs so as to buy these chips. There is something here about it.

Nforce2 boards finally for sale
    Yay these boards are finally here, and most retailers in NZ seem to have an Asus one available at the moment. I might just have to do an upgrade these holidays if I end up paying off the loan I got for this PC from my parents. The Inquirer has some about it.

Apple is testing AMD chips claim
    Over at Mac Edition there is some information about Apple doing some testing using AMD chips.

[b]KT400 Shootout
    OCNZ has posted up a review here of several different KT400 motherboards. The general consensus is why would one bother when they hardly out perform a good quality KT266a motherboard.

Til next time

PS. Study leave is here........ goes back to procrastinating

-=JM=-

Default Re: Thursday 14 November 2002 News - study leave

Woops a couple of tags missed out their.

Here it is, what you've all been waiting for is finally here, that's right folks, it's the news for Thurday.

YahooPOPs! 0.4.0
    This is a handy wee program that will allow you to check your hotmail through your normal pop3 mail client. It works by being it's own pop3 server which talks to Yahoo!. Here for some more about it. and yes it's free

Lite-On comes with stand-alone DVD player - supports MPEG-4
    Yes you read it right, that's a stand alone DVD player that will play MPEG-4 (DivX ;-)) movies. There is no way that you're gonna see my buying a DVD player untill they've got these or similar released in NZ. CD Freaks has the info

DVD2SVCD
    This handy program will let you take a DVD and convert it into a lesser quality SVCD. I'm sure some of you can think of creative ideas as to why this could be useful See here.

AMD postpones 90nm products to 2004
    It would appear as if AMD is going to post pone the release of their 90nm(0.09micron) chips. I'm sure there is many a person rather annoyed at the moment after putting up with their slow(ish) PCs so as to buy these chips. There is something here about it.

Nforce2 boards finally for sale
    Yay these boards are finally here, and most retailers in NZ seem to have an Asus one available at the moment. I might just have to do an upgrade these holidays if I end up paying off the loan I got for this PC from my parents. The Inquirer has some about it.

Apple is testing AMD chips claim
    Over at Mac Edition there is some information about Apple doing some testing using AMD chips.

KT400 Shootout
    OCNZ has posted up a review here of several different KT400 motherboards. The general consensus is why would one bother when they hardly out perform a good quality KT266a motherboard.

Til next time

PS. Study leave is here........ goes back to procrastinating

DangerousDave

lol i should be studying too but this damn computer keeps getting in the way only 5 minutes dammit

- David

p.s. i can't lose in these exams, if i do badly i just blame it on NCEA, if i do well its cos i'm smart

crummy

thats the way, dave

vk_dre

since when did u start doing the news JM? A lot has happened in my absence i see.

-=JM=-

umm just doing it for a week while tweak'e is away. Only I haven't done it the last few days as I'm studying for my calculus exam.