Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    unity1

Default getting kicked off line

well I finally got the brand new computer, XP is ummm hmmm interesting help is still no real help and neither are the pc company. Can someone please tell me why I am finding myself not on line after I connect...just typing this i may find when i go to post it that i am off line....took me ages to find the 2 computer icons as i had to manually get them onto the task bar.....sooooooo where do i go to look for why i am being timed out on line...and no i do not have call waiting....

and my sound is shocking....but then again better than no sound on the old pos
    ....i have a pc co 1800+ atholon opps it has no spec on the PCI sound card...and nor I might add any documents.....it was working ok...but now its not its got crakles in it when i play music....i just have the standard .... um lets see...hmmm ML426 2.0 desktop speakers.....with no bass which makes the whole thing sound like a transisitor radio in the toilet bowl....and when i go to advanced settings there are bass/treble bars but they are not highlited and can't be moved......any help would be great as my cd player just died....you'd think for the price of these things that they would have a decent sound with at least some bass....my techno bass sounds like a ping ping in a tin rather than a boom boom ! any one help ? gorden where are you lost your address ....seems extra dosn't store anything for long....not like the other FREE email sites....???

Oh and sorry to be such a long winded poster but I can't send or recive mail from outlook as it keeps telling me it has aNO SOCKET ERROR help please anyone.....

Jen C

Default Re: getting kicked off line

Sounds like a bit of a mess. Best advice ... take it back. A new PC shouldn't have those sorts of problems. I found it easier just take the PC back to the showroom (some big centres have a service dept at the back) and asked for it to be fixed. Wasted my time trying to get help over the phone or by email - I found the above method worked a treat.

Jen

Terry Porritt

Sound advice from Jen C. So much for Colin Brown saying how easy it would be for them to get ISO 900x quality accreditation.
    Keep taking it back until its put right.

Jock

Did you also get Norton Anti Virus 2002?

I've just seen a problem with NAV.....caused modem to disconnect every five mins.

If yes...say so and I'll post the fix.

Baldy

I have heard that those ML speakers were cr*p..... but they are tiny little things, and I don't think you can expect much base out of them.

If you want thumping base, you will probably need a subwoofer.

If the system is brand new, ring the PC Company help desk. They ARE obligated to assist you 100% KEEP HASSELING THEM!

BALDY:-)

Graham Petrie

> So much for Colin Brown
    > saying how easy it would be for them to get ISO 900x
    > quality accreditation.

Although, as anyone in business knows, the ISO 9000 quality assurance standard counts for jack **** these days. There was a mad rush for businesses to get accredited a few years back, and now everyone has realised that the rating is only based on your quality policy statement. So, if your quality policy is to make the cheapest PCs for budget home users, then you acheive that, you get accredited. Waste of time IMHO.

G P

Baldy

And usually stuff like speakers, printers, scanners are of the poorest quality when they come bundled.

Anyone seen the PC Company advert for the PC Company Deluxe (model 2331) where they advertise that the speaker package does not include speaker cables

How looney is that?

raddersnz

> does not include speaker cables
    >

sounds interesting that you cannot get sound out of those speakers :O

Sam H

First lets get the internet problem fixed, go to the control panel and double click network connections, then right-click your internet connection. On the general tab at the bottom there will be a box that says "Show icon in notification area when connected" tick the box if you want the little icon of two computers to be in the task bar when you connect to the internet.

Next select the options tab next to general and under the Redialing options heading the third line down will say "Idle time before hanging up" if this is set to 5 minutes, 20 minutes etc then this is probably why you are disconnecting. Set it to Never and hopefully it should stop disconnecting.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sam H

Terry Porritt

Sorry I dont agree Graham, it was part of my job at DSIR and before that in UK when it was an 0524 specs which came from mil. specs and AID specs (Aircraft Inspectorate Dept).

The deterioration in quality standards in recent years can be directly traced to lack of funding and the New Right anything goes policies, hence cervical cancer scandal, etc etc , now leaky building "syndrome" ie total lack of quality from design to materials to workmanship to inspection.

That doesnt negate the principles of quality standards though, it depends on the quality of the assessors. If there are poor assessors then yes, you will get crap out. Good assessors would not give accredition to a firm whose Quality Statement was written around producing a minimum cost item only without reference to fitness for purpose and a host of other criteria. Perhaps we dont have any good assessors these days, we used to have.