Billy T

Default WFTWE.......Metagrobolize........This is a true-blue Press F1 word!

Metagrobolize.........To puzzle or mystify. ?:|

Now! I reckon that this word sums up the very essence of Press F1 and should be introduced into common usage. It is one helluva useful slice of etymological art. ;\

Examples: I've got a metagrobolizing problem with my 386sx25 pc. It has a 200 MB HD and 4MB of ram but I can't get it to install XP-Pro over WFWG 3.11

Or: I'm thoroughly metagrobolized by Susan B's ability to be on line to Press F1 24/7 , go to work, look after my meds, and still keep body and soul together with her family. I suspect she is beta testing a new wearable PC that can operate via brain impulses and post replies to F1 while she is sound asleep. ]

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Chris Wilson

Default Re: WFTWE.......Metagrobolize..... ...This is a true-blue Press F1 word!

Has this got something to do with impossible disproportionate scale per chance??

Billy T

Default Re: WFTWE.......Metagrobolize.... . ...This is a true-blue Press F1 word!

I dunno Chris ?:|

You kinda lost me there. I was thinking more of the palpably perplexing and paradoxical problems inflicted on our collective psyche by the PC.:_|

Of course, I was only being pawky! ;\

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

antmannz

Default Re: WFTWE........... . ...This is a true-blue Press F1 word!

Ummm .... shouldn't it be spelt "Metagrobolise" ??

Chilling_Silence

Who cares about spelling, I can't even say the thing

Billy T

Hi antmannz

It depends on whether you want the UK or US variant I guess.

Normally I change z's to s's when transcribing US text, but in keeping with the official Billy T's code of practice for WFTWE I leave the original spelling as-is to allow doubters to make their own checks just to prove I'm not making up words to suit myself.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Graham L

Default Re: WFTWE.......Metagrobolize..... ...This is a true-blue Press F1 word!

Your first Example is easily solved. Just add a 2MB memory card in an ISA slot to get 6MB. Then you can install linux and W3.11. (I've got one like that ... on a 40MB disk.

Chilling_Silence

Default Re: WFTWE.......Metagrobolize.... . ...This is a true-blue Press F1 word!

Nice one Graham L, Now, lets see if you can solve the Susan B one... Its had me stumped for weeks on end!