Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    godfather

Default Re: PressF1 displaying posts incorrectly???

Very noticeable slow down on Jetstream, a bit like being on dial-up!

Babe Ruth

Hmmm, Oh dear so what happened at 15:40 today to PressF1:
    [pre]<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - Error report
    </title><STYLE><!--H1{font-family : sans-serif,Arial,
    Tahoma;color : white;background-color : #0086b2;}
    BODY{font-family : sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma;
    color : black;background-color : white;}
    B{color : white;background-color : #0086b2;}
    HR{color : #0086b2;} --></style>
    </head><body><h1>Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 -
    HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
    </h1><HR size="1" noshade>

type
    Status report</p>

message <u>This application is not currently available</u></p>

description
    <u>The requested service (This application is not currently available) is not currently available.</u></p>
    <HR size="1" noshade></body></html>[/pre]
    felt deprived I did for a couple of minutes... Babe.

Graham L

I think it was down for a few moments Susan. Can't blame it. Poor PressF1. :_| People keep criticising it. So it goes into the corner and sulks. But being an intelligent organism, it has a way to retaliate. It knows about psedorandom deterministic sequences, so it just exclusive-ors a bit pattern with each request. ] I love anthropomorphism. (And I can even spell it).

Bruce: I put in a link using the [ u r l = ... in the thread "Linux/XP problems" on Sep 19 (thread 25097). The magic included "<fontstyle=background-color= ...." into it, which makes the link work "not very well". And I'd gone to the trouble of giving an informative label to the link rather than "here". ;-)

Susan B

Oh, so my post did go through! I tried two or three times and the last time gave me the same message as Babe has just posted.

Why aren't all the kids playing outside in the sun now that it has come out? They are hogging all the bandwidth.

J ZEP

Yep same thing here night before last i think it was - first noticed it on soniks post about people out of work, that was just the weird header, with no reply button, all underlined in blue(his post) and right across the page, but the replys to him were in normal format in the boxes etc...then that came right when i looked last night and last night same thing on another post. Rapt it isn't just me then!!! As i presumed it was cause people had replied to his post and i had no button to reply!!!(on soniks)
    But that thing with threads going right-------------> across the page does happen from time to time i have noticed, here anyway. I am using IE6 by the way if it helps. But i didn't notice any speed change myself.

>>>3Er, well I just got a 404 Page Not Found error when I clicked on Post Message just then.........

Yep me too on this thread (404 error)- think it was clicking on a link or screenshot that did it and had probs getting back into F1 again??

godfather

OK I will plead guilty for the thread going wide, but NOT for the other problems (I have seen weird events as well)

I thought someone would have twigged to the "wide" threads, but I am not saying how it was done - even though Mary has alluded to it (and edited it out)

Mary H

We rebooted the server, so this would be why some of you received 404 errors.

The problem with threads blowing out the page is caused by PRE tags.
    PRE tags "delimit preformatted text, meaning that lines are displayed exactly as they are typed in, honoring multiple spaces and line breaks".
    This means if you type a long line of text with no line returns or spaces you'll end up with a page which you have to scroll across to read.
    This is not just a problem with F1, it's just generally how the PRE tag behaves

Graham L

I thought you might have used some naughty words. :O I made a disapproving sound when I saw that. "Tut, very Tut" I thought.

Susan B

I'm glad you've confessed godfather, but don't think that I didn't notice who the guilty culprit was.

If I hadn't been so busy elsewhere I would have given you a public spanking. That would make Poppa John envious!

[pre]sits back and waits for the flames to start[/pre]

sal

u guys are dirty

well, the whole pre tags thing i thought was a bit obvious, but i think graham had a seperate issue, and yup, i do have kazaa, so no ads for me

grtz sal.
    tga

(and the emoticons were working, lol, its just i usually do :P instead of : p or )