mamaflealfy

Default Music match - will not play my music?

Hi there, I have recentely downloaded the new musicmatch 7.2 version after a terrrible experience with RealOnePlayer, but when I try and play any of my mp3's I get the following message:
    c:\My Documents\My Music\song tittle mp3 could not be found. If this file is on a removable media repalce the media and try again otherwise click on the desired button....

Can someone please help me with some step by step instructions on how to fix this problem...I have been without my music for over a week now!

Thank-you in anticipation

Veale

Default Re: Music match - will not play my music?

Not sure as too a solution for this, but why not just use WinAmp or a similar mp3 playing program. I have tried using MusicMatch on various occasions and it doesn't like what I do!

Veale

Kerry Dodds

Hi Mamaflealfy,

If you've downloaded the full version (ie. payed for it), then what you do is click on the Library link at the bottom of the main window. This brings up all your tracks, albums, etc. If it is blank, then click on the 'Add' link and when the next window comes up, search for where your songs are, choose them all and click on 'Add' again.

Once all the songs are in your Library, choose one, right-mouse-click on it and when the menu pops up, choose 'Relocate broken links' (or something like that). Hopefully, that should re-link any MP3's that you might have re-named or re-tagged, since you last used MusicMatch.

If you have any further probs, let me know... I've been using MMJukeboxPlus for ages - awesome program! It's excellent for sorting and storing all my MP3's and getting them ready for use on my new NOMAD Jukebox 3 MP3 player... yummy.

Cheers
    Kerry

mamafleafly

This does not seem to be working?? I am really frustrated because this is the first time I have used MusicMatch and I have tried Winamp...any more sugestions? please...Carmen.

Bazza

Hi Mama:
    Any success yet? Dont give up. Like Kerry I have used MusicMatch Jukebox for some years, and as she says it is awesome. Not only for playing & organising music files, but also ripping CD's to mp3, recording from any input you select, and burning mp3's to CD audio.

Has the MMJB ever played since first installed after uninstalling the RealOne Player? I am wondering if it is a problem with 'file association'. The 'Real' jukeboxes are very invasive, insisting to be the default player, causing problems even after uninstalling. I had this problem some time ago after uninstalling RealJukebox. Some Real entries remain in the registry, and the advice I received on this forum, was to use Regcleaner to remove all the remaining real entries. Problem solved.

In MMJB go into options|player|settings|general & be sure to tick the all the music file types you wish MMJB to be the default player.

Good luck. Post back any more information. Maybe Kerry or I could help you further.

Kerry Dodds

As I found out the hard way, sometimes just choosing the settings that Bazza has suggested, doesn't change MMJB to be the default player.

I have just bought a NOMAD Jukebox 3 player and it came with it's own PC players software. Since installing the software MMJB and the Creative PlayCenter software having been fighting with each other to become my default player... to the point sometimes, where my PC has crashed X-(

So I've had to go searching through my PC settings (using Win 2000), to try and get them to play nicely with each other. If you can tell us what your operating system, etc, are, we may be able to help you get the little bugger under control.

Cheers
    Kerry

Bazza

You are correct Kerry.. It needs more than just getting MMJB to set default player.
    I was suggesting that he should do the remove registry entries for "Real", using regcleaner and, also should have suggested that he looked at the FAQ #13, on this forum being how to change the file associations.

I guess you have been thru all of this, Kerry. Glad you have got it sorted. It is worth it...

Just one more thing, To find which player is associated with mp3's..go to Win Explorer.. then right click on any mp3 file, then left click on 'play' ..The default player will then play the file..Hopefully, it will be MMJB, otherwise look again, and post back with the results..

Kerry Dodds

Good advice, Bazza - went and had a look at those myself... all seems to be as it should be now (cross-fingers).

It's weird though, because every now and then when I try to play a CD, Creative Playcenter starts up... even though MMJB is the default! Weird.

Then again, there are 2 other people using this PC (my better 5% and his brother), so they may accidentally choose Playcenter as the default when asked... they assure me this is not the case, but I have my suspicions! ]

Anyhoo, all sorted... just home Mama is sorted too!