Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sam H

Default List all your own Websites

Hey Guys and Gals,
    Please list any websites that you have created and own on this thread. This will be for a FAQ that will contain a list of members web sites called 'What have Press F1 members created on the Web' or something similar.

I will start it off with

Computer Links

and

8 Foot Sativa - Fan Site

Graham Petrie

Default Re: List all your own Websites

Hi,

Sam ,I will let you in on a little known secret - Your effort with Computer Links (sorry no actual link to the site) was one of two reasons that I actually gave web authoring a go. The other was my partner did a small html class at polytech, and I thought it looked easy.

I liked the look of your site, and noticed you said you used only notepad to design it!

So, I gave it a go last weekend and after a few hopurs and quite a bit of notepad usage, I produced my first ever site for a newsletter my company produces. Knight Guider Online . Thanks Sam.

G P

PS my site isn't that great, but over time it will improve and I will develop a few more for other areas of my life. (Not bad for an afternoon IMHO)

Baldy

Hey Graham,

Your site is bloody great. I have a friend in the Netherlands who is a Knight Rider fanatic. He even brought a Pontiac Kitt Car. I have sent him the URL, he is going to get a real buzz out of reading it. I have added it to my favourites. Are there going to be further installments or previous ones available online?

"Knight Guider Online" Another great reason to be living in Dunedin LOL

BALDY :-)

Sam H

Nice to know I was an inspiration to you (in a way).

You will get better at HTML and web site design as time goes on, and you will keep learning new skills as I still am. Your site is very good for a first ever site, a lot better than my first ever site by far.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Sam

Graham Petrie

I don't think I will have previous issues online unless I get lots oof requests from readers. The print issue circulates as an A3 sized newsletter on coloured paper to 1200 Dunedin student letterboxes every Wednesday advertising the weeks deals at our customers venues, as well as a bit of a laugh at the week that was, or a just a bit of tongue in cheek. The closer to the line of offensive the better (to appeal to students).

The website will be updated every week as well, and will slowly be improved as time, and my ability allows.

I will probably start a small KnightRider section too, but don't expect it to be flattering for knightrider, just expect it to be funny.

>"Knight Guider Online" Another great reason to be living in Dunedin

You don't have to be in DUnedin to enjoy Knight Guider Online - just to make use of the specials and competitions.

If you live in Auckland, look out for something similar next year. I am moving up there next year, and will leave a manager to deal with knight guider in Dunedin, and will probably start an Auckland version up there. (Time permitting).

G P

Baldy

Hi Sam,

If I was thinking about making my own web site, where would be a good place to start reading up on the subject.......

I have a "Baldy's Weekly Website" which I email out each Wednesday, to anyone who wants a copy. But I would love to have my own website not only to advertise/publicise my business in Dunedin, but also to poke a bit of borax/fun at the staid establishment.

BALDY

Graham Petrie

I know the question was directed at Sam, but I learnt the basics at sites like Beginner HTML Do a google search for html beginner.

The other good resource once you understand tags and the basics is the right-click "view source" option in IE. If you find a page you like, right-click and select view source to look at the source code of the page.

Once your writing, my favourite resource is idocs. Or more particularly idocs quicklist

Finally once you really get going, have a look at stylesheets.

idocs font style

If you like styles you will find css properties extremely useful.

Happy html'n

G P

Poppa John

Graham Petrie. So you are coming up to join the real New Zealand are you? Come to Papatoetoe to live, the best suburb in all of Auckland. You can leave the snowshoes behind, but bring an umbrella. Dual purpose, Rain & Sun. If you are good at fixing computers, definitely Papatoetoe.
    Cheeky Poppa John

Sam H

As Graham was saying all you need to do is do a search on Google or Yahoo for HTML tutorials or Beginners HTML guide etc.

The best web site I have found for Learning the very basics of HTML is Lissa Explains

The creator of the site started it when she was 11 years old so that goes to prove that HTML is very easy to learn, all it takes is a little practice and you've got it. The tutorials and explanations are very easy to read and understand.

Another great site for learning is HTML Help

If you don't understand something then just post another message on here.

Cheers
    Sam

Graham Petrie

Poppa - Ha! I have lived in Auckland before.

3years in Hillsburough
    4years in Mt Albert (at bording school - go MAGS!)

I have also lived on and off at my parents place in Kerikeri, Bayof Islands on and off for the last 17years. I have only been in Dunners for four (uni). I am very much looking forward to leaving the cold behind for the North.

G P - now back to the webpage thread...