Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default when i play games my computer freezes

when i play wofenstein, counterstrike need for speed porche my computer freezes. what the hell is wrong, is it the game, my geforce 2 mx 400 grafix card or my computer and how can i fix this problem

when i play the games it freezes about 3 to 4 times before i decide to stop playing and each time it freezes i have to restart my computer by pulling the plug is this bad for my computer

and i even uninstall wofenstein and i still have problems with my other games. i have a amd athlon xp, 256ddr ram , 40gb hard drive and i have a 64mb ge force 2 grafix card and i use open gl option in my games cod that be the problem

please help i want to play my games in peace with out having to break my computer

tweak\'e

Default Re: when i play games my computer freezes

check your cpu and case temps.

boom23

What operating system are you on?

kiwibeat

get the latest via 4 in 1 drivers stay away from XP if you like gaming as a last resort try another card like a Gforce 256 DDR which is a faster card by the way

> stay away from XP if you like gaming . . .

XP runs games slower than 9.x, it is true, but it should not have the type of problems outlined here, especially with Wolf and CS. I've seen both played on an XP system with no problems, so I don't think you can blame XP, per se. This does sound like a driver issue. Trying fresh drivers for the Geforce card would be the best place to start:

Nvidia Windows® XP/2000 Driver Downloads

loser

hi.
    I have a system very similar to you, and had exactly the same problem.
    The problem is very VERY possibly a compatibility problem between your motherboard and your graphics card.
    If it is a new system under warranty, get in contact with whoever you bought it off. The problem I think is that for some reason the motherboard doesn't supply the correct power to your graphics card, but to my knowledge only effects geforce graphics and motherboards with via chipsets.
    Sollution was to replace motherboard with one which has AMD chipset, not VIA.

Mine was gigabyte ga-7vtxe motherboard, has been replaced by a gigabyte ga-7dx+, problem gone.

As I say, i had the exact same symptoms vith a virtually identical system to yours.

Your supplier should replace the motherboard free of charge if it is still under warranty. This really is their fault.

Interesting - I have an intermittant problem on one PC (with a TnT2 card) where sometimes it refuses to boot up. The monitor gets absolutely no signal from the video card and that is as far as it gets. It will stay that way for hours and then boot up fine. Heat, had been suggested as the cause BUt this usually happens when the PC is cold or near cold, so I'd pretty much ruled that out. Now I'll go check the chipset . . .

tweak\'e

there is a problem with the early g4mx 440's and also a problem that most highend video cards with almost all chipsets (via exspecially) tho i will have to go refind the info on it as i havn't seen the fault myself.

also AMDxp cpu's on via kt133 and kt266 chipsets are known to give a few problems. which may explain why the amd 761 solved that problem (not to mention being faster as well).

is it just me or does there seem a whole lot of people who are install XP without installing the proper chipset and video card drivers?

i kind of nnew with computers so talk english

i got windows me