Alvin Alvrez

Default star wintype 4000 laserprinter and xp

I know there are no drivers for my star wintype 4000 laserprinter and xp, but surely there must be a work around besides booting back into 98 and printing?

godfather

Default Re: star wintype 4000 laserprinter and xp

As far as I know the only drivers are 16 bit, and the company that wrote the drivers has gone

There is a whole world out there wanting the drivers but alas...

Babe Ruth

Alvin,

As godfather says the drivers are no more...

However have you tried setting up the printer on WinXP as an HP LaserJet (the generic LJ2 drivers may do the trick, you may not have ALL the functionality of the Micronics laser). Within Add a printer ... use "HP" as manufacturer and in the rh pane for printer scroll down to "HP Laserjet"

Cheers, Babe.

Graham L

I doubt it. :_| The "Wintype" means that they make the computer do the work. (Like the Winmodems which we all love). An LJ2 has its own processor.

Stuart R

Alvin go to star.co.nz and look under support and Star there are drivers for WinType 4000 for win 3.1 and win 95/98.

Regards

I have used a Star Wintype 4000 for some years now and have continued to use it with different Windows operating systems via a network. This requires an old PC loaded with Win9x and Star's updated drivers (may be found at driverguide.com) and attached to the printer. Share the PCL version of the printer as StarPCL for example and then go to the client machines (xp or Win2k) and add new printer. When StarPCL is found, click on 'have disk' and proceed to load HP Laserjet series 2 for your OS. Other combinations may work but this has always worked for me. By the way, once set up, the old PC will not require a screen or input devices to act as your Wintype print server. I actually use a very old laptop which sits on a shelf gathering dust but extending the useful life of itself and a neat little laser printer.