Default Kazaa users unwittingly share private files

Default Re: Kazaa users unwittingly share private files

i'm going to discredit that article a tad. the only bit i could feel at all sure about wheather it was right or wrong was this:

'One of the main problems the researchers discovered with the interface is the way in which the application creates a default directory of files to be shared, which Kazaa calls the 'download folder.' Many users do not realise that when they add files to the download folder, all the files in the directory, as well as the directories below it can be recursively shared.........'

well i don't know what prog they checked out, but kazaa creates 'my shared folder' which i think 'shared' is self explanatary. Having said that, kazaa is full of spyware, and not that great a peice of software to leave on your computer, but not for any of the reasons stated in that article..

i'm going to discredit that article a tad. the only bit i could feel at all sure about wheather it was right or wrong was this:

'One of the main problems the researchers discovered with the interface is the way in which the application creates a default directory of files to be shared, which Kazaa calls the 'download folder.' Many users do not realise that when they add files to the download folder, all the files in the directory, as well as the directories below it can be recursively shared.........'

well i don't know what prog they checked out, but kazaa creates 'my shared folder' which i think 'shared' is self explanatary. Having said that, kazaa is full of spyware, and not that great a peice of software to leave on your computer, but not for any of the reasons stated in that article..