Default How to get rid of Linux to install Windows?

I have a hard drive that contains Linux Red Hat 7.2 but I want to format it and install Windows on it instead, can anyone tell me how I get rid of Linux so I can install Windows??

Default Re: How to get rid of Linux to install Windows?

Simply use fdisk or you could look for a program called disk manager by ontrack

Unfortunately, FDISK won't remove the Linux partitions. MS don't know that there are other OSs.

If you know Linux, you could boot it up and use 'lilo -u' to restore any MS MBR. To remove the Linux partitions you could try using the Linux 'fdisk' ... I don';t know, it *might* work on the boot disk. If it does (use 'm' for help, often) it will do a clean job. Otherwise, download ranish ( a free partitioning programme) to do it. Put ranish on a DOS bootable floppy.

Fdisk will remove linux partitions. Simply delete 'Non-Dos' partitions. Its sad to see you wanting to get rid of Linux but maybe you might be interested at a later stage

Fdisk will remove linux partitions. Simply delete 'Non-Dos' partitions. Its sad to see you wanting to get rid of Linux but maybe you might be interested at a later stage