Thread: MS explorer

Default MS explorer

If I try to use the small down arrow at the R/H end of the address space there is no response and the system appears to lockup. I have to go into task manager and stop the application running. This happens to other apps as well whether they are MS apps or 3rd party. Also if I type a URL into the space and hit return nothing happens, IE will not go to the URL. Any idea what could be causing this?

Default Re: MS explorer

Weird things happen with MSIE.
    First thing I'd try is to run my Anti Virus software using the latest virus definitions and check my system for a virus.
    You might also reset IE back to it's default settings by going to Tools/InternetOptions/Advanced/RestoreDefaults and see if that makes a difference.
    I've had similar problems on W98's IE in the past and have generally found the only answer is a reformat. And if you're also having problems with third party SW, a reformat might be your only answer if it's not an identifiable virus.

Default Re: MS explorer

You could try repairing IE.

Go to Start|Settings|Control Panel|Add/Remove Programs and scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Click on Add/Remove and say yes to Repair Internet Explorer. Hopefully that will do the trick.